Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to The United Empires Alliance Forum.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ghosts of Our Fathers.
Remember to Forget EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011, 07:23 by Terranian

» Remember to Forget
Remember to Forget EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 22:45 by Arexel

» Day of the Watchers- Book 3
Remember to Forget EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011, 14:24 by Mourwen

» Arexel
Remember to Forget EmptySat 25 Jun 2011, 14:36 by Chimaera

» War To End All Wars
Remember to Forget EmptySat 21 May 2011, 16:12 by Guest

» Cry of the Stars- Book 1
Remember to Forget EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 20:43 by Arexel

» Mankind Rising- Book 2
Remember to Forget EmptyMon 25 Apr 2011, 15:47 by Mourwen

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Fri 17 Sep 2021, 10:22

Remember to Forget

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mourwen

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 15:20

Before the race known as “Korvath” answered the call of the stars, they were savage. Before they had developed the sciences and technologies that drove them to that ‘outer space’, they were savage. Before they even had an emperor, they were savage. Always have they been savage, and it is bred into them and resides deep in the core of what they are. The law scored deep on their very beings is that of any wild animal: survive.

Having developed and adapted and grown as a species on a planet so close to their system’s star, their cold blood and scaled skin worked as both advantage and disadvantage. At night, when the air was chilled and the skies dark, they hid in the lush rainforests of fantastical flora, and beneath the earth and rock where some little heat of the day was retained. During the day, when their star’s light was harshest, they lazed under its rays, gathering their strength and preparing for the times when they would be most active. Thus, the dawn and the twilight were the times most important to the reptilian “Korvath”.

As a species, most no longer remember, nor do they care, about what happened in the past. The few that do are looked down upon, for these historians are mostly female, the low ones, who have lived as cattle since time immemorial.

But they remember. These females, who are valuable only as breeders to their male couterparts, have kept the secrets of their race for eons, and will for eons to come.
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

Chimaera

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 15:23

a bit of a short intro, but dynamite. nice setup Wink
Back to top Go down
Mourwen

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 15:25

Yeah, I needed to get the creative juices flowing, and be sure that you would like the beginning before I was comfortable with continuing. I'm getting right on that now though C:
Back to top Go down
Arexel

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 15:31

i love it XD
Back to top Go down

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 16:10

I like it Smile A bit short as Chim said, though I prefer to evaluate peoples work on the quality of there work and not the quantity! I look forward to hearing more. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mourwen

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 16:30

Thanks guys! I hope to have the next installment up soon. Remember that this is translated from their language to ours, I'm doing my best to write it in a way that makes sense to us! xD
Back to top Go down
Mourwen

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyFri 29 Apr 2011, 17:56

Here's the next installment! Not a war, not an enemy of flesh and bone, but a memory engraved upon the minds of the Keepers of the Past. They pass these memories to each new generation through words, but they have changed less than three words since the first Keepers told them. What amazing creatures!

First Memory

In the very beginning, so our histories tell, a great shadow covered the world. And they needed no sun to warm their bodies, for the heat of the world under that darkness was as gentle and carressing as the warm rivers that flowed across the land. In that time, there was a peace that the proud and blessed race called “Korvath” had never known, nor would know again.

That is not to say there was no death – far from it, in fact. The abundance of life under the darkling sky was such that death was constant. The peace that came from such a smoothly moving cycle was one that the Great Ones yearn for in their secret hearts. For this peaceful turning of the circle of life did not last, and the Great Ones suffered through the change in ways which haunt us to our marrow to this day.

A time came when the darkness passed, and the sun, our star, shone upon the Blessed Precursors for the first time. The intensity of its heat instilled such strength and vigor into them that for many hours the rivers ran dark with the blood of the slain. But with this new strength came also a new weakness.

Darkness fell once more upon the world, but this darkness was different. It was as if the sky had opened itself in the absence of the star, and had given birth to uncountable numbers of sparkling points of light. The beauty of it was enough to awe even the most brutal of the Great Ones, but it came at a high cost: there was no more warmth.

Without the bright shining star in the sky to heat the world with its rays, the Great Ones were assaulted by a foe they could not combat. Never had they experienced such absence of warmth. They were accustomed to having energy in profusion, but now the darkness sapped their very lifeblood. Within minutes, their bodies were cold and sluggish, moving at not even a third of the pace they had enjoyed in the First Darkness. For the first time, they experienced cold, and more importantly, fear.

It was one strong and promising youth that led the Blessed Precursors to their salvation. Korvath was what he was called, and Korvath were what they named themselves in his honor. It was a young, intelligent Korvath that herded his brethren forcefully into the forests. And when the forests lost their warmth, he forced them down, under the earth and stone, where the rocks clung to the star’s heat. Korvath saved the Blessed Precursors, using the last of his great strength to find the warmth of the world. Korvath led his brothers and their mates into safe darkness, where the chill of the outside did not reach. Korvath ventured forth when the Great Star’s light once again licked the surface of the world, and Korvath led his brothers up into the heat.

Thus became the routine, and thus was the beginning of the Glorious Korvath Empire, born in the humble need to find warmth.
Back to top Go down

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyFri 29 Apr 2011, 19:29

This story intrigues me! I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us next! Smile
Back to top Go down
Skyfire

Skyfire

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyFri 29 Apr 2011, 20:33

very nice Smile sort of reminds me of the creatures from the time machine film , very nice work Smile

look forward to your next instalment
Back to top Go down
https://tuea.forumotion.co.uk
Chimaera

Chimaera

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyMon 02 May 2011, 23:44

very cool mourwen, im looking forward to the next chapter. nice twist having the korvath named after an actual korvathian Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Terranian

Terranian

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyThu 05 May 2011, 18:24

wow mourwen, this story is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Mourwen

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyThu 05 May 2011, 18:37

Thanks! I've been looking for a job recently, so the next installment is rather delayed! Sorry all!
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

Chimaera

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyThu 05 May 2011, 21:22

damn you capitalism!!
Back to top Go down

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyFri 30 Sep 2011, 15:04

Canada is a very capitalist place. Not quite so much as the USA but still, your neighbors have an effect on your own ways.
Back to top Go down
Arexel

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 22:45

Camn u Dapitalism
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remember to Forget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember to Forget   Remember to Forget Empty

Back to top Go down

Remember to Forget
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Mourwen-
Jump to: