HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to The United Empires Alliance Forum.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ghosts of Our Fathers.
Tue 11 Oct 2011, 07:23 by Terranian

» Remember to Forget
Wed 05 Oct 2011, 22:45 by Arexel

» Day of the Watchers- Book 3
Tue 28 Jun 2011, 14:24 by Mourwen

» Arexel
Sat 25 Jun 2011, 14:36 by Chimaera

» War To End All Wars
Sat 21 May 2011, 16:12 by Guest

» Cry of the Stars- Book 1
Fri 06 May 2011, 20:43 by Arexel

» Mankind Rising- Book 2
Mon 25 Apr 2011, 15:47 by Mourwen

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 20 on Tue 19 Nov 2013, 22:17

Share | 

Mankind Rising- Book 2

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mon 11 Apr 2011, 17:03

a couple of days at most Very Happy i already have the ending figured out, just need to work towards it...

______________________________________________________________________________________
LORD PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED EMPIRES ALLIANCE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mon 11 Apr 2011, 17:05

yyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Tue 12 Apr 2011, 00:36

"There are two things in war time and space I am less worried about the latter than the former lost space can be regained lost time never", Napoleon Bonaparte

Last edited by Sarge on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 23:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Wed 20 Apr 2011, 14:22

yo when is the last few chapters coming out?
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Wed 20 Apr 2011, 14:24

now Wink

Chapter 8.
Narrow Escape.

The Soul Ripper’s merciless attack had worked as intended; Korvath ships in that region were now severed from a reinforcement line, and could no longer replace their losses. Within a few weeks, the 200 light-year wide region was back under UEA control, and it was declared a decisive victory. For the next few days, stragglers were picked off by regional patrols, and the citizens were free.

Mourwen sat in the captains chair, the exhaustion of the last few weeks weighing on her eyelids, almost forcing them shut. Shaking the mental cobwebs away, she stood up, and decided to stretch her legs. Nothing was happening in the system anyway, just some simple admin work to secure the recovered planet below properly. Just another system to be taken…

A massive explosion rocked the Soul Ripper, causing half the bridge crew to fall over in shock. Mourwen, steadying herself, gnashed her teeth and rolled her eyes. Why did it have to be now they attacked?
‘What is it, and how do we destroy it?’ she asked moodily, settling back into her chair. ‘A DeathStar, ma’am! It’s the Behemoth!’ Mourwen stopped rubbing her forehead, and went into full tactician mode.
‘Arm the Graviton cannon! Charge all weapons, and give them everything we have!’ Millions of bolts of energy blasted between the two battlestations, striking each other with the force of stars. The Soul Ripper made good use of her gauss cannons, scoring direct hits several times on the Behemoth. The Behemoth retaliated with a devastating laser barrage, aimed at the weapon placements.
‘Luanch all support ships!’ cried Mourwen, and watched grimly as 150 fighters and 50 destroyers rocketed out of the hangers of the Soul Ripper. At once they commenced firing on the Behemoth, but were ruthlessly swatted down by the overwhelming firepower of the awesome vessel. The support ships were a distraction, however,to give the Soul Ripper time to act. In the time it took for the Behemoth to tear through the fleet, the Soul Ripper activated the terrible weapon on its underbelly, and turned to face it at the enemy. What Mourwen didn’t count on, however, was the Behemoth crew seeing through her ruse, and mirroring her actions. She grimaced as the two graviton cannons faced each other down.

There was no going back now, however. If she didn’t fire, they certainly would, and if she fired, they definitely would. As calmly as possible, she gave the order to fire, unsure of what was about to happen. What did happen next would stun everyone aboard both DeathStars, and end the lives of everyone on the planet below. The two graviton beams lanced out from the mighty warships, and met in the middle, resulting in a shockwave that rocked the Soul Ripper. At the heart of the impact, matter was being crushed down further and further from the unrelenting force that the gravitons drove into them. Smaller and smaller, and denser and denser. Finally, a tipping point came. The matter started to feed of its own energy, and began to collapse not under the weight of the gravitons, but itself.

Mourwens eyes bulged as she realised what was happening; an event that was going to mean either their deaths, or their narrow survival. She watched aghast, as a monstrous black hole erupted from the maelstrom. At once, hull stress indicators spiked. Alarms blared as the Soul Ripper took the strain of a billion suns-worth of gravitational pull. The planet below stood no chance. In seconds, it was ripped apart by the black hole, and sucked into it. Jets of pure energy erupted from the hole, and a spiralling vortex of broken-down matter swirled around it.

‘FULL REVERSE!’ screamed Mourwen, abandoning her composure completely. The powerful engines of the Soul Ripper flared to life, and gradually dragged the ship away from the event horizon. Hull stress levels, however, were still beyond critical. The helmsman cried out that the containment field was compromised, and hull breaches were appearing everywhere. Everything was becoming a blur, and every crewmember on board feared for their life. The bridge was bathed in red as the lighting was diverted to the engines, and emergency lighting came on. Mourwen ordered for life support energy to be directed into the engines.
‘Ma’am, we’ll have a minute’s worth of oxygen left, if that!’
‘Do it! It should give us 30% more thrust!’ The helmsman complied, and the effect was instant. The Soul Ripper managed to drag itself away from the black hole, and in seconds the alarms faded. The bridge crew watched in awe, on the edge of the system, as the monster devoured the entire star, and the planets orbiting it.
‘What of the Behemoth?’ asked Mourwen quietly.
‘They survived too, apparently,’ came the bitter reply. An accretion disk had already formed around the black hole, white hot matter streaming around the outside at the speed of light. The UEA would have a hell of a job getting rid of this monster, it would take a massive antigraviton bomb to disrupt it enough to destabilise. Mourwen sighed, and ordered the retreat to Arc. 4 billion lives had been crushed out of existence, and once again, Korvath was to blame. This could well be the catalyst needed to rejuvenate this stagnated war, thought Mourwen.

UEA Central Headquarters, Arc.
Pendragon shook with rage as he read Mourwens report. The death of those 4 billion lives could have been avoided, but the Korvath were to blame once again. He spoke with his Admirals in a voice barely above a whisper. It was decided; the UEA would plunge all efforts and resources into a massive rearmament program, the largest ever started in the galaxy. Planets would be given tighter defences, and the UEA core fleet would be bulked up, and all its ships refitted. The wheels of change started to turn in the galaxy, as the UEA war machine picked up momentum once again.
All out war had begun.

next chapter? shit will kick off, BIG TIME...

______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Wed 20 Apr 2011, 14:42

yay am i going to be in it?
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Wed 20 Apr 2011, 14:46

everyone previously mentioned in the story will be. the uea is really getting its shit together Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Wed 20 Apr 2011, 15:22

yes this is gonna be good.
Back to top Go down
Skyfire

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Wed 20 Apr 2011, 15:25

Very nice a turning of the tide Smile heres hoping Valkyrus visits AA Smile

buy sc2 so i can kick your ass Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tuea.forumotion.co.uk
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Wed 20 Apr 2011, 17:15

chapter 9 is going to be a long time coming, but itll be awesome, i promise. think along the lines of mulit million strong fleets fighting each other... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Mourwen

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Sun 24 Apr 2011, 00:30

SKLJ FALKSDJFL AKDSFJLAKS GALKSDHFLKASDJFLASJDGFLAJSDFLKAS DKLFJAS DKFJASD

I just finished reading it, straight from chapter 1 of Cry of the Stars. If I typed what just went through my head, my gramma would turn in her grave ^-^;

I mean, shit, Chim.Blood and bloody ashes! I couldn't have dreamed that up if I'd had ten litres of coffee pumped into me. I like my role, I do I do >: D Get ready for the Private Log of Vice Admiral Mourwen, luff, I'm about to explode. Only if you don't mind, of course.

This is beyond excruciating, now. To have to wait for the next chapter, I mean. I suppose I could begin hacking out what's going through V.A. Mourwen's liddle biddy head, though. Again, only if you're agreeable to it C:

EXCITEMENT LAKSDF JLKASJF LAKSJLKASJFG LASDFJALK
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Sun 24 Apr 2011, 09:59

Mourwen wrote:
SKLJ FALKSDJFL AKDSFJLAKS GALKSDHFLKASDJFLASJDGFLAJSDFLKAS DKLFJAS DKFJASD

I just finished reading it, straight from chapter 1 of Cry of the Stars. If I typed what just went through my head, my gramma would turn in her grave ^-^;

I mean, shit, Chim.Blood and bloody ashes! I couldn't have dreamed that up if I'd had ten litres of coffee pumped into me. I like my role, I do I do >: D Get ready for the Private Log of Vice Admiral Mourwen, luff, I'm about to explode. Only if you don't mind, of course.

This is beyond excruciating, now. To have to wait for the next chapter, I mean. I suppose I could begin hacking out what's going through V.A. Mourwen's liddle biddy head, though. Again, only if you're agreeable to it C:

EXCITEMENT LAKSDF JLKASJF LAKSJLKASJFG LASDFJALK

thanks mourwen Very Happy i take you quite like it then?
no need to do a monologue of mourwen, as im officially greenlighting you write the korvaths history. affraid

Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Sun 24 Apr 2011, 14:38

Chapter 9.

Merciless.

The Korvath citizens of Garthak were proud of their planet’s mighty defences, and rich crystal reserves. The world had become one of the 5 core planets of the Andromeda galaxy, and of the Korvath Empire. They, over the decades, had become sure of their own safety, complacent, and finally, arrogant. Their fleet was meagre, but the defence units numbered in the thousands. Only a massive invading force could defeat it.

A massive invading force like the million ships the UEA attacked with, for example. Chimera led the fleet, seething with determination and passion, and within seconds the defences of the planet was wiped off the surface. A Korvath captain gasped with shock as he saw the gargantuan fleet, and immediately began sending messages of surrender and pleads for mercy, to no avail. His ship was vaporised, along with every other Korvath vessel in that system.

Chimera, rage-filled and merciless, ordered a Total Surface Destruction of the entire planet, to looks of shock from his crew. Chimera looked defiantly at them, and they complied. The massive fleet surrounded the entire planet, and a million ships fired on the surface. TSDs were rarely ordered, as it was a horrendous tactic to use. It was nothing less than the utter destruction of the livable surface of a planet, used usually in extreme circumstances. Korvath had never even heard of the tactic, much less used it.

Trees, fields, cities, all were melted under the ferocious barrage dealt out by the UEA fleet. Eventually, great cracks and faults appeared in the surface, causing magma to spill out over the ground. Relentlessly, the fleet pounded the planet, pulverising every inhabitable square inch of Garthak.

In less than 10 minutes, Garthak was little more than a ball of magma, an orange rock floating in space. Chimera watched grimly as the ships completed their terrible operation, then flew back up into formation. Wordlessly, he gestured to fly back to Arc, leaving the Korvath to pick up the pieces. The message sent out by the UEA to the Korvath Empire was clear.

We are through fucking around.

Korvath Imperial Headquarters, Capital planet Korvathia.

For once, the confident air that usually hung in the Headquarters of the Korvath Empire was absent, replaced with a sense of shock and awe. The ferocity of the new UEA counteroffensive had taken Korvath entirely by surprise. As it was, they had lost thousands of ships, and the feelings of terror at the sheer size of the million-strong fleet that the UEA had gathered was tangible in the room. Emperor Ghrathik sat with his fingers laced together, head tilted to one side. Korvath was in ruins, of that he was sure. Their defeat was inevitable, the UEA had proven far too strong and resilient a foe to defeat, or even defend against. The organisation and efficiency of a race he had once considered to be far below him stunned him.

In the last 1000 years, Korvath had watched, as the Milky Way tore itself apart in war. He had decreed for them to attack the Chimerean Empire and the Archangel Alliance, and subjugate humanity when it was at its weakest. However, he had underestimated the resolve of their ancient nemesis. Within weeks of first blood being shed, mankind had united, and formed a brazen wall of defiance against the Korvath. Ghrathik had watched, helpless, as his once-mighty empire had dashed against the amassed armies of man, and broke.

The nightmare was not over, however. Political turmoil followed, as Korvathians faith in their esteemed emperor was shaken to the core. News of a counterstrike by the UEA soon reached Andromeda, and the Empire teetered close to civil war. Then came the inevitable invasion by humans, and one by one, planets fell. Man had proven himself a worthy foe, and it took a huge effort to begin to repel their massive armies. The core of the galaxy, the core worlds, worked overtime to produce their finest ships. But even these had only temporarily stumped them, for humans started mass-producing their deadliest weapon, the DeathStar.

Now it had come to this: The Mighty Korvath Empire was facing annihilation. As far as he could tell, there was but one course of action left to take. Straightening his cloak, he stood. The hall silenced itself as the Emperor stood, and surveyed the room.

‘My brothers, my blessed brethren. We are doomed. Of this, I have no doubt.’ There was almost an audible gasp from the room as Ghrathiks first words sank in. Ghrathik smiled, revealing his twin rows of teeth. Raising his voice, he continued.

‘But are we utterly vanquished? Are we hanging our heads in shame and defeat? NO! I, emperor of Korvath, promise you this; if this is to be my last act as emperor, I will not let go of my galaxy without a fight. I shall redirect every single one of our ships to this world, and it will become our fortress. It will bear the brunt of the inevitable full-blown human attack, and stay standing, tall, proud, and defiant! I will stand among the ruins of ours and the UEA fleet, and scream my soul to the stars! We shall not fade quietly away, my brothers! We will unite, and stand, and take as many of them with us as possible! On the last day, on judgement day of our blessed empire, we will fight to the last ship, the last man! This will be…OUR LAST DAY OF RECKONING!’

After a few seconds of deathly silence, a tumultuous applause rode up like a mighty beast from the crowd. A thousand Korvathians shrieked in defiance and clapped with all their might. A renewed sense of determination went throughout the room, as the Korvathians found their warrior spirit again. This would be their final stand, their ascent into glory and securing a place in paradise. They would brace the infidel tide, and forever more, leave their mark on mankind. Victory or defeat, they were going out with a bang. The Korvath Empire’s legacy was about to be secured, for eternity.

As secure as the Korvath security net was, the Empire was not familiar with espionage technology. An old innovation in the Milky Way galaxy, it consisted of tiny, unmanned probes, packed with advanced sensor systems, thermal imaging cameras, and highly precise gravitational fluctuation detectors. The espionage probes, being tiny and lightweight, were able to go several thousand times faster than most other ships, capable of traversing the vast distance between the two galaxies, in just seconds. Ten tiny little probes were currently streaking towards Andromeda at millions of times the speed of light, gathering data with every nanosecond.

The probes reached Korvathia in seconds, and despite the awesome sight that was presented before them, the emotionless probes’ computers simply continued to process the data, relentlessly. The data was compressed, and shot back to Arc through the path travelled by the probes.

UEA Central Headquarters, Arc.
President Pendragon took off his glasses, and walked slowly, stunned, towards the holo-image presented before him. Chimera followed, as did every Admiral in the room. Slowly, they tried to take in the sheer scale of the information coming at them. The probes had beamed a visual image of Korvathia, and the fleet orbiting it, defending it. The actual number of ships was still being calculated, but it was clear this was no ordinary guard fleet. This was a gigantic, massive armada, with one clear intention: to be as invincible to any attackers. It had to number in the millions. Pendragon, a bead of sweat forming on his brow, waited impatiently for the actual number to be processed.

Chimera stood watching stonily, fists clenched. This was a surprising tactic being employed by Korvath, and it was a sign that they were getting desperate. Valkyrus stood next to Chimera, shadowed eyes glued to the screen. Mourwen, arms folded, simply leaned quietly on the Presidents desk, watching with interest. Even she raised her eyebrows, however, when the number finally came through.

Fighters, cruisers, battleships, battle cruisers, Belenus-class war cruisers, at least one DeathStar, bombers. Every ship, every warship, every single vessel in the entire Korvath Empire had come to one star system, the nerve centre of Korvath. An utterly enormous fleet, combined with the vast defences of Korvathia, would make it the hardest operation ever mounted by the UEA to complete. If they were to wipe this menace from the face of the universe, however, then the threat would need to be met head on. But first, they had work to do.

Pendragon switched off the display, and motioned for the group to be seated at the conference table. The governing body of the entire human race sat together, to discuss a council of war. The President was the first to speak.
‘As I’m sure you are all aware, every Korvath starship in this galaxy has withdrawn, to regroup at the Korvathia system. This is a clear sign that they know the war is unsinkable, and they appear to be taking drastic measures to secure at least one part of their crumbling regime.’
Chimera interjected.
‘The complete withdrawal of Korvath ships has left some interesting options available. Haven has already been liberated, and re-entered UEA membership. It seems the surface and atmosphere of the planet healed quite effectively, meaning we have little terraforming work to do there.’ He paused to look at Valkyrus, who’s eyes were downcast to the floor. The man looked worse than ever, but even so, had proven astonishingly effective at leading fleets in the last few months. Chimera looked away, and continued. ‘As far as mounting an invasion goes, we won’t be able to gather up a large enough fleet for several days yet. The fleet will be divided up between myself, the President, and the Admirals.’
Skyfire spoke in surprise.
‘Mr. President? You’ll be fighting too?’ Pendragon nodded slowly.
‘My military knowledge may be of some use in this battle, plus I am quite capable of leading a fleet of my own.’ The Admirals seemed uncomfortable with this information, but said nothing. Chimera stood, and called up a holo-image of the proposed fleet.
‘The fleet will consist of 4 million ships, divided up between us all. Admiral Aang, you will command the Oblivion. Admiral Daggers will command the Invincible. Admiral Mourwen will take command of the Relentless, with the President commanding the Soul Ripper. Admiral Skyfire, you will command the Ascension, and I will take the command post aboard the Phoenix. And Admiral Firehawk will command the Predator.’
With each commanding officer taking lead of 50,000 starships, the UEA Freedom Fleet would be an organised, and deadly efficient force. The attack would come in two days, but first, would come the repairing of the damage wreaked by the 5-year war.

New UEA Central Headquarters, planet Haven.

Pendragon was glad to be back on Haven again, after so many years of it under Korvath rule. It had taken less than 4 hours of the Korvath ships evacuating Haven for the UEA forces to sweep in, and re-establish order across the planet. The massive crater caused by the graviton explosion was still a 4000km scar on the surface, but 5 years of wearing, and terraforming efforts by the Haven government, had ensured the area had become inhabitable once again.
A huge celebration took place on the planet that day, as millions of Haven citizens rejoiced in the UEA re-establishing rule over its population. Pendragon had immediately set about calling the required ships to Haven, to begin the attack on Korvathia. 380,000 had already turned up; the fleet was at nearly 10% strength. He watched, awed, as 1000 fighters soared over the capital city of Haven, performing a magnificent aerial display for the population below. He chuckled to himself, the human spirit was famous for being almost unbreakable, and Haven showcased this perfectly. He smiled to himself, and watched his people laugh with joy at the taste of freedom once again. Freedom…

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of his door opening. He turned, to see Valkyrus walking into the room, looking as forlorn as ever.
‘Sir? Could I ask something?’ he asked, looking Pendragon in the eye. Pendragon nodded. Valkyrus took a breath. ‘What happened to Haven…I promised myself, I would make up for it, no matter what. I intend to do just that in the coming battle.’ Pendragon smiled sadly.
Admiral Valkyrus, you’ve been paying your debt to humanity back for the last five years. You have been nothing short of extraordinary, your bravery has been inspiring. What you did was nothing more than try to protect your crew from a superior enemy, and you made a mistake.’ Pendragon put a hand firmly on Valkyrus’ shoulder. ‘What you did, was the most human thing possible.’ Valkyrus’ moist eyes blinked, and he turned to leave the room.
‘Valkyrus?’ asked Pendragon. Valkyrus turned.
‘I need you to be extraordinary for me, one last time.’ Valkyrus gave a tearful grin, then walked out of the room, cloak billowing in his midst. Pendragon sighed heavily, and turned back to the window. Such a horrific weight for a human to bear…

Orbit of planet Haven, day of attack.

Everything was ready. 4,000,000 UEA ships hung in high orbit over the re-instated capital of the galaxy, poised to break formation at a moments notice. Chimera stood on the bridge of the Phoenix, wearing the traditional war uniform of an emperor of the Chimerean Empire. Black boots, with an armoured tunic, and a long black cloak, finished with gold trim. Chimera had decided to wear his imperial uniform, as he felt all the events of the last 6 years had led to this moment. The monumental armada was the largest ever assembled by mankind, and it used up a Herculean amount of deuterium to power. But if they could successfully win this final battle, it would be worth every ounce.

The fleet flew into its final formation, the Admirals coordinating their individual batteries into play. Pendragon observed the mighty army form itself. He sat in the captain’s chair, fingertips pressed together. With anticipation building in his gut, he flicked the comm device, and opened a channel to the entire fleet. 300 million people listened eagerly to what their leader had to say, on the eve of battle.

Clearing his throat, the President of the United Empires Alliance spoke.
‘My fellow humans, citizens of the Milky Way galaxy, today we enter our darkest hour. In less than 5 minutes, millions of ships will fly to Andromeda…to meet with millions of ships. We will engage the last army of the Korvath Empire, in the largest space battle ever known. The death toll will be high, our losses enormous.’ Silence haunted the airwaves. Pendragon paused, allowing the gravity of the situation to sink in. he carried on.
‘But if the human race does not act now, our enemy will gain a foothold strong enough to begin reconquering the galaxy. This total withdrawal is merely phase one of a huge re-armament program by Korvath, and we must strike before they can initiate phase two. We must strike now. For freedom, for humanity, and for the entire galaxy, this is when we take a stand, and refuse to allow evil to exist in our universe! Let us fly into the breach, head held high, weapons charged, and teeth bared. I, Arexel Pendragon, will be honoured to fight alongside you.’

An applause rippled through the ships gathered over Haven, as determination and courage swelled throughout every human in the fleet. It was time to fight. Pendragon signalled the order to move out. On the surface of Haven, the sight of 4 million starships powering up their hyper drive engines could be seen clearly, as a large point of light in the night sky. As one, the titanic fleet swept out of real space, into hyperspace.

Several hours later, the UEA fleet swarmed into the Korvathia system, powering weapons as they came out of hyperspace. They had jumped just 30 kilometres away from the massive Korvath fleet. Pendragon ordered the fleet to stand down temporarily, to allow him to enter last-minute negotiations with Ghrathik. Hastily, he opened a channel to the O’gameich, capital starship of the Korvath fleet. Ghrathik’s scaly face appeared on the screen, eyes filled with utter hatred.
‘What do you want, human?’ snarled Ghrathik, spittle spraying the screen. Pendragon swallowed his disgust at the sight of the monster who had almost destroyed his species.
‘This is your last chance, Ghrathik! Surrender your forces, or I’ll wipe them out myself!’ Ghrathik threw back his head and laughed, evil and insane.
‘You think I will surrender now? To you?! When I thought you could be no more foolish, you surprise me!’ Again he screamed with laughter, leaving Pendragon to watch in repulsion. Ghrathik stopped laughing, his face settling back into one of complete loathing.
‘I will watch in glee as our fleets clash, as our forces smash each other to atoms! I will stand astride of the universe, a god of war, an angel of destruction and violence! You will worship me, or become like the defeated enemies of the Korvath Empire!’
Pendragon watched the spectacle, stunned. Ghrathik had revealed himself to be completely insane. The need to act had reached a critical point. His finger slammed down on the close connection button. Wordlessly, jaw set, he typed out a message to the entire fleet. It was just two words. Two words, that would change the course of human history forever.

Begin attack.

Nothing could describe the violence of the event that took place over Korvathia. Scholars, historians, artists; all would fail to over the following centuries to accurately depict the sheer force with which ships ripped into each other on that fateful day, the day the human race finally set about destroying its greatest-ever enemy. Seven million ships, with billions of energy bolts and gauss projectiles screaming between the two forces. An entire UEA destroyer wing was vaporised by a Korvath DeathStar’s deadly graviton burst, which was soon itself destroyed by 1000 battleships pulverising its hull with a sun-sized amount of plasma.

The Jericho smashed through dozens of Korvath ships, all batteries firing at maximum capacity. The entire ship had been reworked entirely as a war-dedicated battlestation, and had had its weapons upgraded heavily. The difference was extraordinary. The graviton cannon fired on a belenus war cruiser, reducing it to the size of a proton in seconds. Four plasma turrets converged on a destroyer, smashing its hull into oblivion.

As the millions of ships thundered their guns in full ferocity, one ships stood above them all. The Soul Ripper, the largest ship present, absolutely tore through anything it came across. Korvath ships rammed it at full speed, barely denting its incredible shields. Plasma shells, lasers, all failed to breach the monsters defences. On the bridge, however, Pendragon felt as though he were in a constant earthquake. Seeing 50 destroyers on a fast approach, he ordered the graviton cannon to fire, full spread. In seconds the destroyer fleet was nothing more than dust.

The bridge rocked violently as a huge explosion struck the Soul Ripper, and Pendragon fell over and smacked his face against the floor. He got backup, and wiped blood from his mouth, to see a Korvath DeathStar bearing down on them. He cried the order to fire, and immediately the Soul Ripper tore into the newcomer with vicious force. Pendragon watched in awe as three graviton beams suddenly erupted from nowhere, and vaporised the massive battlestation. The Jericho, Relentless and the Predator flew off back to the heart of the melee, leaving Pendragon to resume his attack.

Overall, the battle seemed to be going slightly in the UEA’s favor. They had more ships, and the DeathStar support was starting to take its toll on the Korvath fleets. However, Korvath was not vanquished yet. In the event of total defeat, they had a plan, a terrible, unthinkable contingency plan, which soon would be put into play, if defeat was inevitable. For now, they simply fought as well as they could.

A belenus war cruiser managed to take down 8 UEA destroyers, before finally being brought to its knees and exploding in a blue ball of plasma. 100 cruisers engaged 40 Korvath battleships, a pyrrhic victory following as both fleets wiped each other out.

Aboard the Invincible, Admiral Daggers was one of the few who chose to keep out of the worst of the melee. Not out of cowardice, but the fact that it was far easier to coordinate attacks from an outside perspective. The occasional Korvath ships that mounted an attack was mowed down by a relentless stream of firepower. Daggers never stopped talking, ceaselessly giving instructions, ordering attak patterns, pointing out enemy weaknesses. In his area of the battlefield, things were going rather well for him. Satisfied, he watched as another Belenus war cruiser went up in flames and exploded, brought to its knees by savage bombings.

Eventually, he gave the order for his fleet to disperse, and join the battle at large, while he gathered tactical data. The Invincible scanned the battlefield, as Daggers prepared to continue giving orders. The scan, however, picked up on something strange. A small fleet of 10 ships had broken away from the fray. They were small, possibly cruisers. The fact they had broken was not the most unusual thing, however. Their direction was unusual.

‘Harry, can you confim this?’ asked Daggers, slightly confused. The helmsman checked his display, fingers dancing over the screen. He looked up, confusion matching Daggers’ own.
‘Sir, they’re heading for the sun, Sarnas. I have no idea what for, though…’
Daggers’ instincts as a commander twinged uneasily. Whatever those cruisers were up to, this wasn’t an innocent mission. He swiftly gave the order to follow. A 0.1 second hyperjump brought them several million kilometres closer. Daggers, hesitantly, gave the order to cloak. His DeathStar’s experimental cloaking device covered the entire ship, turning it invisible to most sensors, and the naked eye. The cruisers were definitely heading for the system’s star, though what they intended to do was still unclear.
‘Sir, one of the cruisers has some kind of device attached to it. Its as big as the ship itself.’ Now Daggers’ suspicions heightened. The ships clearly intended to do something big, the device was like nothing he’d ever seen. Cautiously, he asked the helmsman to scan the device, in greater detail.
The result came up on the viewscreen. Daggers’ brow furrowed as he looked at the display, unsure what to make of the data.

‘Sir, it appears to be an antigraviton emitter, a big one at that. Rather than a cannon, it just spreads antigravitons in all directions.’ Daggers raised an eyebrow at this, more confused than fearful. Suddenly, a horrible idea struck him. He rushed back to his chair, and called up a simulation. After a few minutes, he gasped in shock. He transferred the display to the main viewscreen. The simulation showed Sarnas, with an antigraviton emitter at its core. The emitter, shielded from the enormous hit, emit’s the antigravitons. The whole bridge crew watched in horror, as the simulated star went supernova, destroying every planet in the inner solar system. Panicking, Daggers opened a link to the Phoenix, and saw Chimera’s face on the screen, looking confused and stressed out.

‘What is it, Admiral Daggers?’ asked Chimera impatiently. His ship rocked from another explosion.
‘Sir, the Korvath intend to create a supernova, using an antigraviton emitter!’
Chimera’s eyes widened. ‘Why would they do that? They’ll wipe themselves out as well!’
‘They would rather die and take their enemy with them, than let us win, sir! We have to act fast to stop those ships!’ Chimera nodded, and cut off the connection. Quickly, he contacted the Jericho, to be met with Valkyrus’ haggered face.
‘Valkyrus, I need you to-’
‘Stop those cruisers, I know, sir.’ Chimera was taken aback. Valkyrus smiled grimly.
‘I had noticed the ships, and come to my own conclusions, sir’. Chimera nodded at this, then closed the connection. Determined, Valkyrus ordered the Jericho give chase. After a second long hyper jump, the massive ship was bearing down on the small cruisers. Valkyrus opened a channel to the cruiser with the emitter attached.
‘This is Admiral Valkyrus of the UEA, I hereby order you to stand down your engines and surrender your ships!’ Predictably, the cruisers ran for it, accelerating to maximum speed. Valkyrus was confused; why didn’t they hyper jump? He turned to his helmsman, who explained the slightest miscalculation would mean all the ships ended up inside the sun. the emitter needed to be fired into the sun, then directed to the core by the ships to detonate. This gave them a chance to destroy them before they could carry out their deed.
‘Well, get after them! Fire weapons, four heavy laser bursts on the lead cruiser.’ The laser lanced out to the cruiser, but to Valkyrus’ complete amazement, they had no effect whatsoever. The lasers simply stopped, 100 metres from the cruiser’s hull. He turned for an explanation.
‘Sir, the antigraviton emitter, it’s already activated! It has formed an antigravity shield around the cruiser!’ Panicked, Valkyrus thundered for all guns to fire. Thousand of energy bolts smashed against the antigraviton shield, to no avail. The shield was simply impenetrable. Valkyrus cried to use a tractor beam, but that had no effect either. Fearful, he ordered to continue firing on the tiny ship, even though the weapons had no effect. The cruiser streaked towards the sun, and and the helmsman noted an increase in the emitter’s output threefold. It was getting stronger as it got closer, feeding off the sun’s solar energy, using its own power to destroy it. Valkyrus was too busy trying to destroy the tiny craft to appreciate the irony. He yelled for all support craft to fire at the cruiser, which didn’t have any effect either. The ship was fast approaching the sun now, just 2 million kilometres away, and getting closer with every passing second.

‘Sir, they’re gonna reach the sun in less than 30 seconds!’ cried the panicked helmsman.
‘FIRE EVERYTHING!’ screamed Valkyrus, and watched as over a million energy bolts cast against the ever-increasing antigraviton shield. The ship reached the sun’s atmosphere, and fired the emitter into the star, to Valkyrus’ horror. The ship was instantly vaporised as soon as the shield disappeared, but before it had been destroyed, the captain had set the emitter on a timer. In ten seconds, it would increase its output to maximum, over 5 million times stronger than its current level. Valkyrus watched, helpless, as the star began to change colour, and swell in size, as the emitter buried itself in its core.

At the battlefield, both fleets were still engaged in furious combat, with the UEA clearly having the upper hand by now. The Korvath fleet was in dissarray, the capital ship O’gamiech long destroyed, and Ghrathik dead. The UEA army noticed the swelling of the star into a red giant, and immediately became panicked. The remains of the Korvath fleet, however, stood firm, taunting the UEA fleet while they ran from the impending Armageddon. Chimera contacted the Soul Ripper, seeing Pendragon’s shocked face on the screen.
‘Pendragon! Our entire fleet is here! If we get destroyed, the UEA goes down with us!’
‘I know! We have to evacuate while we still can!’ cried Pendragon. Suddenly, to his horror, he saw the Korvath fleet change formation, and tractor every last remaining UEA starship. Unable to break free of the tractor beam’s grips, the entire UEA fleet was trapped in the Korvathia system, with a ticking time bomb just a few million kilometres away. Pendragon stared, wide-eyed, as the star swelled to 100 times its size, and still kept on growing.

The red giant began to enter its final stages, massively accelerated by the antigraviton emitter at the heart of the furnace. Valkyrus ordered the evacuation of the Jericho, and crewmembers by the thousands took to shuttles and hangar craft, and evacuated the massive station. Valkyrus, the man who had almost lost the UEA the war 5 years ago, turned around, to see his crew escape to relative safety at the edge of the solar system. The battle had ceased, as the UEA began to break away from the melee to try to escape. He laughed sadly to himself; they would never make it out of the system, supernovae spread through a system in seconds. His eyes danced with scarlet as he gazed into the fiery, swelling monster. It was truly beautiful, what nature was capable of. How helpless we are, when faced with her wrath, thought Valkyrus.

The star would go supernova, any second now, and both the Korvath Empire, and the United Empires Alliance, would be wiped from existence with it.
Wordlessly, Valkyrus walked over to the tactical station. He activated the shields, full strength, and diverted every bit of power possible to them. He activated another system, and pressed his hand against the screen, to identify himself.
‘Self-destruct activated’, said a cool female voice, the ship’s computer. Valkyrus sighed, and opened a channel to the Soul Ripper. Pendragon appeared, stunned at the sight of the empty bridge, with just Valkyrus on board.
‘Valkyrus? What are you doing? Get out of there now! You’re the only one who’s ship isn’t tractored!’
Valkyrus shook his head, giving Pendragon a sad smile.
‘President Arexel Pendragon. Leader of the UEA, and the entire human race.’ He flipped switches, putting the Jericho into full defensive mode. Battle shutters came down over the Metaglass windows, and life support power was diverted to the shields. The only weapon not deactivated was the ship’s new graviton cannon. He was going to need that.
‘Mankind needs its leader, Arexel. And its military.’ said Valkyrus softly. He gripped the thruster control on the tactical station, feeling the soft rubber of the grip under his palm. He squeezed it tight, and closed his eyes. Pendragon began shouting, waving frantically at the screen, realixation crashing over him like a tsunami.
‘Valkyrus! No, get out of here! You can lead humanity! It’s too late for us, just run!’ Valkyrus ignored him, and pushed the thruster forward. The ship shook as it cruised towards the ever-swelling red super giant, and it didn’t take long for the temperature alert to become uneasy. Pendragon was still shouting, begging Valkyrus to stop, crying that there had to be another way. But Valkyrus knew there no alternative, and no time to find an alternative.
‘Consider this, my debt to humanity being paid!’ shouted Valkyrus over the now blaring temperature alarms, and cut the connection. He began sweating as the atmospherics system was overwhelmed, and took off his overcloak. He took his hand off the thruster controls, and locked it into place. There was no stopping the 650km battle station now, as it entered the inner atmosphere of Sarnas, and plunged through it’s gaseous surface. Even with the light filter on the viewscreen, it was incredibly bright. The shields took the full strain of 20 million degrees Celsius, and held, barely. In a few moments, the Jericho had reached the very core of the star, and came to halt. The shields finally started to collpase in some places, overwhelmed by sheer heat. Hull plating and entire sections of the Jericho began to melt, as the massive ship began to be absorbed into the dying star.

Arthur Valkyrus walked over to the middle of the bridge, and closed his eyes. He spread his arms wide, in anticipation of death. He opened his mouth, and issued one final order.
‘Computer, activate graviton pulse self destruct.’ The computer obliged unquestioningly, and removed all safety features from the graviton cannon, and activated it. The graviton cannon was essential to the self-destruct feature of DeathStars, and now, for the first time ever, it was used. Instead of firing gravitons down the barrel, it simply allowed them to roam free, joining together, and creating a massive gravitational pull in the heart of the Jericho.

One word, one single, happy thought entered Admiral Valkyrus' mind, just before he died. It was what he had been seeking, for so long,and now, was about to recieve.

Redemption.

The ship took just three seconds to completely fail, and collapse under the crushing force at its center. Valkyrus never felt a thing, it was so quick. The DeathStar’s entire graviton store was released, over 100 trillion gravitons. It was enough to pull the Jericho into the size of a proton. And it wasn’t done yet. The enormous gravitational force at the heart of Sarnas began to have a visible effect on the red giant. It began to slow its expansion, and then stopped. It appeared to quiver, just for a second, then began to collapse into itself, slowly at first, then quicker, and quicker.

‘Has it…gone supernova?’ asked Admiral Firehawk in amazement. On the viewscreen, Chimera shook his head.
‘It was Valkyrus. He must have self destructed. He’s just saved every one of us.’ Chimera, Pendragon, Firehawk, Skyfire, Daggers, Mourwen, Aang, and every single sentient being in both fleets, all watched in silent awe of the sight of the collapsing star. In just 30 seconds, it was gone, reduced to a single point of light, just 100 kilometres across. Not enough to create a black hole, but enough to cause a neutron star, some time later. Not one person, human, or Korvathian, spoke for a few minutes, as silence fell in the universe. Quietly, the neutron star formed, creating great beams of light as it started to spin.

Gradually, the trance was broken, and all eyes turned to the Korvath fleet, still tractoring the UEA ships. One by one, the tractor beams were deactivated, until not one ship was trapped. No ship fired on another, the Korvath’s last, desperate gamble had failed. There was now nothing left to fight for, with their sovereignty effectively gone, their emperor dead, and their fleet diminished.

The last great fleet of The Korvath Empire laid down its arms, and surrendered to the United Empires Alliance, officially, unconditionally, and willingly. For the first time in over 1000 years, peace was restored in the galaxy. Soldiers, civialians, even the President wpt with joy as the surrender was issued, signalling the end of a millennia-long rivalry, and a 5 year war that had cost both galaxies so very much.

At last, it was over.

Last edited by Chimera on Sun 24 Apr 2011, 15:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Sun 24 Apr 2011, 15:03

wow, im stunned.. That was brilliant, probably the best thing i've read in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Skyfire

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Sun 24 Apr 2011, 15:09

.......wow XD

nice ending , and told well , heres hoping we see another at some point in the future Smile

buy sc2 so i can kick your ass Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tuea.forumotion.co.uk
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mon 25 Apr 2011, 00:05

at last, chapter 10 is served. humankind is screeeeewed, btw Twisted Evil

Chapter 10.
Recovery and Reconnaissance.

Three months later.
UEA Central Headquarters, Haven.

Pendragon sat at his desk, feverishly working on a report for the UEA. The past few months had brought incredible change to the galaxy, maybe too much change for people to handle. Korvath had officially become a member of the UEA, its remaining ships absorbed into the UEA’s main fleet. It reminded him of the unification of the Archangel Alliance and the Chimerean Empire, only the bad blood between the two sides was far more intense. In just 6 years of war, the Korvath Empire had wreaked more destruction in the Milky Way galaxy than more than 1200 years of war between two forces of humanity. The distrust directed at Korvath was almost tangible, even Pendragon felt a twinge of distaste when he faced the appointed Korvath leader, Dastarius, a distaste that could take some time to heal.
Pendragon sighed, and took off his glasses. He rubbed his eyes, then with some surprise, realised they were moist. He looked at his fingertips, the tears glistened on his skin in the lamplight. Taking a deep breath, he shook hi head, and continued to work. The last year had had a huge strain on him, more than once he had thought of early retirement, despite only being in his forties. Still, it was all over now, at last the galaxy could settle into a peaceful existence. War was no longer the driving force behind the economy, partly because it no longer had any enemies, and partly because the economy was in complete tatters, thanks to the massive war waged against Korvath.

Pendragon had made the controversial decision to begin a 5 year plan to reduce the size of the UEA’s fleet, in order to put less of a strain on the deuterium reserves, and maintenance costs of the ships. It was a decision welcomed by the civilians, who were tired of war after so many years, and voted in a landslide majority to approve the President’s decision.

Pendragon sat back in his chair, thinking about the future, and the past. Valkyrus’ funeral had been held two weeks after the Battle of Korvathia, where over 100 million humans had died. Almost 100,000 people attended the service on Arc, the homeworld of Admiral Valkyrus, and the human race forgave him for the terrible mistake he made, 5 years ago, that led to the surrender of Haven. Pendragon personally felt that it was what Valkyrus wanted most, to be forgiven.

All in all, the galaxy was safe. The human race had no enemies anymore, and now, it could turn away from its violent past, and look to a new age, of peace and eventually, prosperity. They could never have known of the forces conspiring against them. Watching from so far away, for so very long, even longer than the Korvath Empire. They were planning an attack on mankind, an attack that would bring the galaxy to its knees, and fall in defeat.

Large Magellanic Cloud.

160,000 lightyears away, dark figures huddled together in conspiracy. The lead figure spoke, in a baritone voice that would have made the skin of any human or Korvathian crawl.
‘The cattle have made peace with the reptiles.’ He observed the display with detached interest, such lower life forms required little attention. This union of the cattle and the reptiles, however, sparked his curiosity. It was an…unexpected turn of events, but it changed nothing. Both species would cow before us, he thought. His cloak billowed as he turned, and called up another display, despite making no movement to do so. With his mind, he manipulated the screen, composing a message to the Ultimate.

Their attack would be swift, and powerful. It would strike at the heart of the cattle, and slay the reptiles at the same time. They would conquer, without fear, nor resistance, nor hope for the enemy.
The figure turned towards his lowers, and approximated a smile.
‘For 10,000 of the cattle’s years, we have watched, in fascination. We have studied as the reptile race attempted to delude themselves as superior, then were soundly defeated, twice, by the cattle. We have laughed as they attempt to befriend each other, to pretend they are stronger. Now, we will smile as they fall beneath our weapons, and despair at their plight, a plight that has befallen the species of this galaxy so long ago. Now, we are ready to strike so hard, they will persih before they are fallen.’

He spread his arms wide, the prospect at invasion exciting to his senses. His lowers looked keenly at their higher, in antipation of the results of so many years of studying.

‘My brothers, we have been known, for so long, as The Watchers. Now, our time of Watching is past. Soon, we will act. Soon, we will strike.’
The Watchers, shadowy beings, hiding at the edge their galaxy, were coming, coming from across the stars, with one single objective driving their terrible plans. Science.

Humanity was about to enter its darkest hour.

The End…?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mon 25 Apr 2011, 00:27

those assholes haven't met me yet to bad no infantry in Ogame
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mon 25 Apr 2011, 01:48

Sarge wrote:
those assholes haven't met me yet to bad no infantry in Ogame

there might be some ground combat in the next story Idea

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mon 25 Apr 2011, 02:55

you gotta include the spec op then
Back to top Go down
Arexel

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mon 25 Apr 2011, 12:36

Mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that was indescribable my head just exploded I feel I've been hit in the back of the head with a Deathstar I salute you god of story creation mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Mourwen

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mon 25 Apr 2011, 15:47

Hoo haah! Time to get a-writin'! C: I do believe that the next chapter in human- and Korvathian-kinds' histories shall be most interesting >: )

I shall begin the Korvath history forthwith! -salutes-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   

Back to top Go down

Mankind Rising- Book 2
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4