Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to The United Empires Alliance Forum.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ghosts of Our Fathers.
Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011, 07:23 by Terranian

» Remember to Forget
Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 22:45 by Arexel

» Day of the Watchers- Book 3
Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011, 14:24 by Mourwen

» Arexel
Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptySat 25 Jun 2011, 14:36 by Chimaera

» War To End All Wars
Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptySat 21 May 2011, 16:12 by Guest

» Cry of the Stars- Book 1
Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 20:43 by Arexel

» Mankind Rising- Book 2
Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2011, 15:47 by Mourwen

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Fri 17 Sep 2021, 10:22

Mankind Rising- Book 2

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Chimaera

Chimaera

Mankind Rising- Book 2 Empty
PostSubject: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 13:37

thanks to some compatibility issues, i cant post the long awaited (well, three days) sequel to my last short story right now, so i will post up the first chapter tomorrow. hopefully. Wink

Last edited by Iroscato on Tue 31 May 2011, 08:51; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 14:19

aaaand here we are, first chapter. hope you enjoy everyone Very Happy

Mankind Rising.

Prologue.
On this day, one year ago, the warring forces of this galaxy laid down their arms, and became united in fighting a common and ancient enemy. The allied effort easily drove the menace from their home, and the former foes celebrated their defeat. But humanity wanted more than what mere victory could provide. Their attention had been drawn to the Andromeda galaxy, to the resource-rich worlds of their new nemesis, and they watched hungrily for many weeks as the enemy descended into anarchy, its millennia-long rule eroded and its reputation scarred.

Humanity saw the weakness in its new-found foe, and decided to strike when it was at its weakest. Mankind wanted more than mere resources and power.

It wanted revenge.

Chapter 1.
First blood.

The outlying colony of Gavi-kai was once a thriving and rich port planet of the Korvath Empire. It used to proudly advertise its huge reserves of deuterium, its advances in zero-point technology, and its beautiful and magnificent lakes that covered almost the entire globe’s surface. In these times, however, thanks in part to the decaying nature of Korvath, it had shrunk to an unimportant outer rim world, a droplet in the ocean of worlds in the Andromeda galaxy. It still retained the largest single reserve of deuterium in its quadrant, but there was no longer the will to mine and ship it, and the world withered and dried up.

This was what made the appearance of the DeathStar in its system so surprising to the population. The enormous vessel launched a devastating assault on the planet’s small guard fleet as soon as it hyperjumped into orbit around the planet, and it soon became the sole starship in orbit over Gavi-kai. The bewildered planetary government took 14 seconds to surrender to the DeathStar, and Vice Admiral Mourwen had a strange feeling they simply didn’t care for their current situation.

‘Begin transport of deuterium ore into the cargo hold’, she said in an icy voice to the bridge officers. At once they obliged, and soon hundreds of small cargo ships were going to and fro from the planet’s main deuterium refinement facility. The one thing that the United Empires Alliance suffered a lack of was high-quality deuterium ore, and this planet had proven to be abundant in the precious resource. Some would go towards powering the DeathStar, and the rest would be shipped back to the Milky Way Galaxy to help fuel the fast-growing UEA fleet. The latest fleet review had counted almost 5 million ships under direct command of the UEA, nearly twice that of before the Alliance’s formation.

It had been a strange and busy year for the galaxy. The merging of the Chimerean Empire and the Archangel Alliance had meant, quite simply, a shitload of paperwork had to be processed by the workforce of the galaxy. In the past twelve months, the Alliance had held remarkably firm, proving to be a far more effective military and political force than two separate, warring empires. For a year the UEA built up its infrastructure, developing resource mines on colonies, and ramping up the size of its fleet, while the Korvath Empire reeled from the loss of a huge chunk of its imperial fleet, and the failed invasion of the human’s home galaxy. A thousand years of totalitarian control was crumbling under the weight of civil unrest, and the UEA soon turned its eyes to the stricken Andromeda Galaxy, and unsheathed its claws.

Mourwen’s attention snapped back to her panel on the Captain’s chair. An incoming communication from the unfortunate colony below had come in. raising an eyebrow, she accepted it, and the main viewer flickered snapped on. The unique face of a Korvathian official filled the screen, wearing what appeared to be his species’ equivalent of boredom. His eyes were sunken, and he looked utterly resigned to his fate as he appeased the crew of the DeathStar.

‘I was just wondering…’ his voice trailed off, and Mourwen pressed him. ‘I was wondering if your crew had any of your…your famed Syphiryx whiskey. If you do, could you perhaps ship some down to our planet? We have heard it takes away pain and boredom’. And replaces it with migraines and nights best left forgotten, though Mourwen, laughing on the inside. On the outside, however, she maintained her steel composure.
‘We will consider shipping a cargo load of Syphiryx whiskey to your colony, Korvathian, along with a recipe guide in your language.’ the official inclined his headand cut the connection, leaving the bridge crew to wonder what just happened. Mourwen knew, however. It was a key sign of an empire decayed and stagnant, its people driven to mindless boredom and the will sapped from them. Mourwen shook her head and smiled slightly. Overrunning Andromeda might be easier than anyone in the UEA thought possible. With the spine of their fleet broken, their morale destroyed, and their government in chaos, this was to be the start of a war that the result of which was inevitable.

Or so she thought.

UEA Central Headquarters, Haven.
Pendragon was, for once, genuinely pleased with a military report delivered by the UEA generals. The President positively beamed as he studied the war record kept by the military, outlining the ease with which they were sweeping through the crumbling Korvath regime. Almost no civilian casualties had been reported, and the only enemy ships destroyed were those most loyal to Emperor Ghrathik. Planets and moons were simply laying down their arms and surrendering as soon as the UEA fleets were spotted at the edge of their systems, and the invasion effort was gathering momentum with every world that was subjugated, slowly making its way to the galactic core, and the capital worlds of the Korvath Empire.

Pendragon took a sip of Veridian tea, a taste that reminded him of home. The rebuilding efforts across the galaxy were going better than he thought possible, and the UEA had established itself as a mighty power in the galaxy. In fact, the 30 smaller empires that inhabited the few worlds the Chimereans and Archangels had not were already expressing interest in applying for membership. The UEA was becoming more and more powerful, as the Korvath Empire twisted and turned into chaos.

Already, the fleet had reached the heady numbers of 5 million ships, and with over 5 TRILLION citizens to choose from, the military was having no difficulty recruiting soldiers. All in all, the UEA had improved life in the galaxy in every possible way, and President Pendragon was proud to have ushered it in during his Presidency. He had even forged an unlikely friendship with his one-time worst enemy, Emperor Chimera, and he was as popular a president of the UEA as he had been of the Archangels.

All in all, life was good. The galaxy was stabilizing, after the first Korvath war, and the economy was booming, thanks to the enormous investment by the military war effort. Now was the perfect time to launch an invasion into the Andromeda galaxy, and bring about order to chaos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 15:26

It seems you inspired yourself much quicker than you anticipated Razz It was a nice introduction into the story! I look forward to the rest!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 15:30

can i be in this sequel?
love the work btw.
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 15:44

aang2001 wrote:
can i be in this sequel?
love the work btw.

sure, ill just use the aang part though, to keep the name clean cut Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 15:48

no prob numbers are code.
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 12:24

there we are, this chapter introduces aang as a badass admiral Wink

Chapter 2
Preparing to Strike.
UEA Chamber of Democracy, Planet Arc.
The UEA senators were in an excited mood in the Chamber of Democracy, the place where all the major decisions of the UEA were made. It would have had no place here 2 years ago on Arc, as Emperor Chimera’s word had been law, but these were different times. Now, everything the UEA decided, from the amount of resources put into research, to the targets for the numbers of ships built per month, was decided democratically by the citizens and senators.

Today, they were deciding on what region of the Andromeda Galaxy to attack next. The better protected core worlds, which were the nerve centre of the Korvath Empire, but well defended, or start with the outer colonies, which had far less defence but would provide a power base to bring Korvath down? A representative of Orboreos stood.
‘We must attack the galactic core, and end this war quickly!’ A mixed wave of support and cynicism rippled through the chamber, and was followed by several rebuttals.

Chimera sat in the sidelines, watching with relaxed interest. As a governing body, the senators made wise decisions, but they were sometimes rather slow in making them for his liking. It had taken him time to adjust to his voice no longer being the sole source of information and law making the people of the Chimerean Empire received. Now he was Vice President of the UEA, however, he still had a large influence over the UEA’s governing body.

He stood up, and hundreds of people turned to face him. Clearing his throat, he started.
‘Senators, it’s my opinion that we are patient. Take some time to solidify our hold on Andromeda, subjugate the outer worlds first. Take Korvathian ships for our own military. If we are careful and efficient about this, we might be able to convince Ghrathik to join the UEA peacefully, rather than forcing Korvath to their knees and causing unnecessary deaths.’

At once, a senator from Veridian stood. ‘This is a war of vengeance, Chimera! The entire point of this invasion was to avenge our fallen soldiers and civilians in the last war! We should be destroying them, not making friends with them!’

Chimera waited for the senator to finish, then spoke again the stab of annoyance he had felt at being interrupted slowly subsided.
‘We have discovered in the first few days of our invasion that the Korvath citizens simply don’t fight us hard enough. We’ve realised the Korvath Empire isn’t so powerful after all, and in fact their infrastructure is rotten to the core. Their invasion was a last-ditch effort to secure more worlds and resources, before it was too late. They lost their gamble, and now we’ve turned the tables.’ Chimera stepped into the center of the chamber, to better address the crowd. ‘We have a unique chance here, to add an entire galaxy to our alliance, and we can do it without spilling so much civilian blood.’

‘But what of the core worlds? What about the planets and systems completely loyal to Ghrathik?’ The senator fired back.
‘That is where we show our teeth’, said Chimera resolutely. ‘If they don’t join, if they are willing to die for their emperor…then so be it.’ A whisper ran through the chamber. Chimera finished his speech, then stalked out of the Chamber of Democracy, leaving the senators to decide the future of the UEA.

UEA Invasion Fleet 12, Flagship Sarvix. Corthicra system.

Admiral Aang was having quite a good week. In the last few days, he had been promoted to Admiral of the 12th Andromeda invasion fleet, and was given command of the fleet flagship Sarvix. Now, he was coordinating the attack on the Korvath colony of Corthicra, which was going rather well. It seemed to be a more loyal colony than others he had encountered, and the battle had been hard fought, but now his fleet seemed to have the upper hand. The 20,000 UEA starships were scything through the Corthicra defence force, which had lost most of its morale. They were going to lose, why bother trying to fight?

Aang leaned forward in his chair, and locked his fingers together, studying the melee with interest. The Korvath seemed to have such elaborate tactics in battle, and they always tried to be as mobile as possible. The UEA fleet, on the other hand, simply formed several impenetrable cells of ships, and were mowing down anything they came across. Eventually, just over a hundred Korvath ships were left, battered, damaged and no will to fight on. Aang opened a channel to the Korvath fleet, and was about to speak, when the Tactical officer interrupted him.
‘Sir, I’m detecting enemy reinforcements, coming in hot!’ Aang was taken aback; this was a relatively minor colony, with no distinguishable merit, so why did the empire see fit to send help?
‘This is strange sir, I’m not detecting any ships over 20 metres…they seems to just be all fighter craft,’ said the tactical officer. Aang asked how many were incoming. The officer looked up with a worried look on his face. ‘About 80,000, sir.’
Aang raised his eyebrows. 80,000 fighters was enough to cause a lot of trouble for his fleet. They would win, but not without losses. Aang quickly ordered all the fighter craft and cruisers to shift positions, to protect the relatively vulnerable capital ships.
‘Prepare the anti-fighter guns’, he said, and every AF cannon on the Destroyer class Starship hummed to life. Rocket launchers and Light lasers activated on every capital ship in the fleet, preparing to take down as many fighters as possible.
’10 seconds to contact!’ cried the officer. The tiny ships appeared on the viewscreen, then, suddenly they were everywhere, like giant insects attacking a beast. They swarmed around and between the UEA fleet, firing their undersized blasters all the time. The UEA fleet launched their own fighters, but as they only had around 8,000 they were heavily outnumbered. It was time for the cruisers to start firing, which they did to some success. The light lasers sliced through enemy fighters with ease, and the heavy lasers proved even more effective. Fighters fell by the hundreds, but the UEA was taking heavy losses of its own.
Aang ordered all Battlecruisers to fire all they had at the fighters. Gauss and other heavy cannons were useless against the speedy ships, so they resorted to firing the few laser batteries and rocket launchers they had at them. Aang watched with frustration as a battleship was battered by a squad of 60 fighters, then, smashed into a UEA destroyer. The battle was not going as well as Aang had anticipated; they were taking far too many losses. The fighter pilots seemed to be some kind of elite force, far superior to ordinary Korvath squadrons.
However, the UEA fleet was winning. The numbers of enemy fighters had dropped considerably, down to the last 2,000, whereas Aang’s fleet had lost just a few hundred. The cruisers intensified their firing rate, and the last Korvath fighter smashed against a destroyer uselessly against its shields. Aang breathed a sigh of relief as the battle ended. Quickly, he filed a report to the UEA headquarters. The Korvath were starting to show signs of resisting the relentless UEA march through their galaxy…
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 14:21

goddamn i=this is good nice work chime.
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 14:35

aang2001 wrote:
goddamn i=this is good nice work chime.

why thank you Smile
did you like your part in the story? Smile
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 14:37

by the way, one major character will have an epic death in this story. i know were all alive in the alliance, but its my story and i say what goes Wink
it could be chimera, pendragon, aang, anyone...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 14:49

k well if i die then you must make my death absolutely kickass.

(PS:i love my part in the story.)
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 18:32

oh i have something VERY interesting planned for whoever dies...Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 18:34

I WANNA DIE!!!
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 18:57

maybe you will, fire...maybe you will. i know exactly whats going to happen now, and it will take place during a MASSIVE battle, biggest in both stories Very Happy
This is gonna be fun...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 19:03

yat then make another sequel yhen another and so on.
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 19:23

aang2001 wrote:
yat then make another sequel yhen another and so on.

Hell no lol, I think Ive got a third story in me, then thats it XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 19:28

ok Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 19:32

although...after its finished, a prequel could be fun...Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 19:58

yay.will everyone be in it even the dead guy's?
Back to top Go down
Arexel

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 20:02

Prequels come before the other stories so everyone will be in it XD if I'm gonna die I wanna go down fighting something like the soul Ripper crashing into the last massive enemy ship...............hint hint
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 20:33

true and did you quit IO?
Back to top Go down
Arexel

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 20:47

I gave the account to valkyrus managing 4 accounts was too much especially as I'm behind in my coursework sorry your forum went to waste Sad
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 20:55

i might actually set the 4th story 100s of years in the past or future...ill see what i feel like Smile
Back to top Go down
Arexel

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2011, 21:00

Surely u mean the 3rd story unless you're planning to write a 4th tbh when your finished u could always publish the whole lot in one book and u may well make a good bit of money from it I could provide illustrations. What do u think?
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2011, 22:31

you have the memory of a seive, penny lol.
as i already said, i wouldnt be able to use the ogame brand, or gameforge would bend me over the desk and shaft me. regardless of whether i would enjoy it or not, i want to make my own, completely original story Smile

and i did mean 4th story, im just planning ahead lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mankind Rising- Book 2   Mankind Rising- Book 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mankind Rising- Book 2
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next