HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to The United Empires Alliance Forum.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ghosts of Our Fathers.
Tue 11 Oct 2011, 07:23 by Terranian

» Remember to Forget
Wed 05 Oct 2011, 22:45 by Arexel

» Day of the Watchers- Book 3
Tue 28 Jun 2011, 14:24 by Mourwen

» Arexel
Sat 25 Jun 2011, 14:36 by Chimaera

» War To End All Wars
Sat 21 May 2011, 16:12 by Guest

» Cry of the Stars- Book 1
Fri 06 May 2011, 20:43 by Arexel

» Mankind Rising- Book 2
Mon 25 Apr 2011, 15:47 by Mourwen

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 20 on Tue 19 Nov 2013, 22:17

Share | 

Ghosts of Our Fathers.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chimaera

PostSubject: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Thu 28 Apr 2011, 16:11

RD is writing an 'artistic semi-bastard child thing' of my story. its looking good so far, and is veeery loosely based on my story, and how humans ended up the way we are today and in the future. he should be posting it soon.

______________________________________________________________________________________
LORD PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED EMPIRES ALLIANCE

Last edited by Chimera on Sun 08 May 2011, 13:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Thu 28 Apr 2011, 16:32

>>/ Hello, here is the proloug to my spin of story, which acts a a back story for the human race in Ogame. It is called "Ghosts of our Fathers" i do hope you enjoy it.

Ghosts of our Fathers

Aeons ago in the time before time, an ancient and powerful race ruled this universe with the love of a mother and the sternness of a father. Their empire stretched across all known time and space, their power and might unchallenged and unmatched. They mended the broken and made strong the weak, though with their might they could have ruled with cruelty and malice, but they used their power to care and nurture others. They believed they were there to protect and to serve the lower specie’s.
But the war came; the Multiverse ran with blood and cried out in anguish, and the once powerful and peaceful empire was gone, consumed by death and destruction. They were called the Terrana, legends say they left, the legends say they died. Others persist that they returned to their home world called Terranus Prime, now more commonly known as Earth.

______________________________________________________________________________________
GRAND ADMIRAL OF THE UNITED EMPIRES ALLIANCE

We are the Terranus Empire, once a great force in this universe now laid low by a gruelling war with the Watchers, and now we have returned

Thats a very nice everything you have there be a shame if anything where to *HISSSSSSSS* happen to it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Thu 28 Apr 2011, 16:59

Seems that we have a lot of storys to look forward to Basketball Cant wait to see what you've got for us!
Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Thu 28 Apr 2011, 20:24

>>/ Hello, for the later part of my day i have put considrable effort into writing chapter 1, it is not finished yet, far from it in fact; but since i enjoy constructive critasim, here is wat i have acomplished thus far.

Chapter 1
Unwelcome
>>/ Epsilon Endorlie System
>>/ Civilian Sector
>>/Deep in Terrana controlled space
>>/ Aboard TEDF Destroyer Nightshade, Battle group 5 Flagship
>>/ Enroot to Endorlie Prime
>>/ Mission – Investigate System communication back out

A ship rumbled tough the jump tunnel, the Warp storms rolled and slid across its sleek and smooth hull making it look more like fish in water then a war ship, inside the ship the corridors were empty and only dimly let, the soothing hum of the engines echoed though the ship, as she lightly shuck from the jump tunnel. Gently lulling her crew to sleep, but one was awake, this one was always awake, and its silhouette cast a long shadow on the cold metal floor, it stood looking out the window, watching the Warp storms flash there lightning sticking the ships that flew beside the Nightshade, a second figure taller and bulker then the first walked up to and stood beside the watcher.

“I gather you could not sleep again, Cadet” it said whose voice echoed of age, wisdom and sound of those use to command of an old man. The watcher span around at the voice and snapped a salute.

“Admiral Sir” said the watcher who had the voice of a young man, whose voice echoed of home grown farmer, mown grass and a mothers smothering.

The Admiral raised his hand “You may disregard such niceties at this moment in time cadet, we are the only ones here” He said. He looked up at a camera. “Apart from Alpha, who seldom cares about such things.”

“Yes sir” said the man, lowering his hand and going back to watching the storms.

“What is your name cadet?” the Admiral asked

“Kal, sir” he said still looking forward into the tempest

“Well Kal do tell me, why can’t you sleep?” asked the Admiral

“Can’t seem to sleep in jump sir, never have been able to, a blessing really or I would not be able to see this, it’s beautiful” Kal said

“Yes it is beautiful to watch” the Admiral said

Suddenly there was a blue light filling the room, the men turned to see a ancient looking man with no hair and a big bushy beard, with a winkle heavy face he wore an old fashion suit, but this was no man; he was an AI.

“Sorry for interruption sir” said the AI, in an old dry voice, dry like the books he probably buried himself in if he could ever do such a thing.

“No it’s quite alright Alpha, what is the situation?” said the Admiral

“We are approaching the exit vector for the Epsilon Endorlie System, I have begun to cycle the main power and awaken the crew, would you like me to put them on emergency stations sir?” said Alpha

“This is the first communications black out for 2000 years Alpha, it is best to be cautious” he said

Alpha nodded and said “Yes sir”

The Admiral turned to the boy and said “Well cadet to your emergency stations”

The Kal snapped a crisped salute “Sir Yes sir” he said, and then ran toward the doors of the room.

The peaceful void that lay outside the Epsilon Endorlie System, was now filled with motion as 8 ship including the Nightshade came out of there hyper-space jump and glided for the star system. Aboard the Nightshade the bridge was frantic and the security team came aboard it.

We are the Terranus Empire, once a great force in this universe now laid low by a gruelling war with the Watchers, and now we have returned

Thats a very nice everything you have there be a shame if anything where to *HISSSSSSSS* happen to it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Fri 29 Apr 2011, 19:26

Seems you have a talent for writing! Very well written and an enjoyable read, cant wait to see what happens next. Smile
Back to top Go down
Skyfire

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Fri 29 Apr 2011, 20:31

I happily second fh's comments , are you and Chim famous authors using ogame pen names Razz ?

buy sc2 so i can kick your ass Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tuea.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Fri 29 Apr 2011, 23:52

there's only two words for to described this damn good
Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Sun 01 May 2011, 15:13

>>/ Hello, over the weekend i have made some head way with chapter one, and i will be posting a taster of the first encounter between pre-Ogame humans with >>/ERROR Classified\<< later today, i do hope you enjoy

Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Sun 01 May 2011, 17:40

>>/ This post will differ from my last, this will not only contain what was pomised but the eniterty of Chapter 1, i felt to leave it on a dramatic or surpenceful clip hangger for Chapter 2, i hope you find it good

Chapter 1

Unwelcome

>>/ Epsilon Endorlie System

>>/ Civilian Sector

>>/Deep in Terrana controlled space

>>/ Aboard TEDF Destroyer Nightshade, Battle group 5 Flagship

>>/ Enroot to Endorlie Prime

>>/ Mission – Investigate System communication back out

A ship rumbled tough the jump tunnel, the Warp storms rolled and slid across its sleek and smooth hull making it look more like fish in water then a war ship, inside the ship the corridors were empty and only dimly let, the soothing hum of the engines echoed though the ship, as she lightly shuck from the jump tunnel. Gently lulling her crew to sleep, but one was awake, this one was always awake, and its silhouette cast a long shadow on the cold metal floor, it stood looking out the window, watching the Warp storms flash there lightning sticking the ships that flew beside the Nightshade, a second figure taller and bulker then the first walked up to and stood beside the watcher.

“I gather you could not sleep again, Cadet” it said whose voice echoed of age, wisdom and sound of those use to command of an old man. The watcher span around at the voice and snapped a salute.

“Admiral Sir” said the watcher who had the voice of a young man, whose voice echoed of home grown farmer, mown grass and a mothers smothering.

The Admiral raised his hand “You may disregard such niceties at this moment in time cadet, we are the only ones here” He said. He looked up at a camera. “Apart from Alpha, who seldom cares about such things.”

“Yes sir” said the man, lowering his hand and going back to watching the storms.

“What is your name cadet?” the Admiral asked

“Kal, sir” he said still looking forward into the tempest

“Well Kal do tell me, why can’t you sleep?” asked the Admiral

“Can’t seem to sleep in jump sir, never have been able to, a blessing really or I would not be able to see this, it’s beautiful” Kal said

“Yes it is beautiful to watch” the Admiral said

Suddenly there was a blue light filling the room, the men turned to see a ancient looking man with no hair and a big bushy beard, with a winkle heavy face he wore an old fashion suit, but this was no man; he was an AI.

“Sorry for interruption sir” said the AI, in an old dry voice, dry like the books he probably buried himself in if he could ever do such a thing.

“No it’s quite alright Alpha, what is the situation?” said the Admiral

“We are approaching the exit vector for the Epsilon Endorlie System, I have begun to cycle the main power and awaken the crew, would you like me to put them on emergency stations sir?” said Alpha

“This is the first communications black out for 2000 years Alpha, it is best to be cautious” he said

Alpha nodded and said “Yes sir”

The Admiral turned to the boy and said “Well cadet to your emergency stations”

The Kal snapped a crisped salute “Sir Yes sir” he said, and then ran toward the doors of the room.

The peaceful void that lay outside the Epsilon Endorlie System, was now filled with motion as 8 ship including the Nightshade came out of there hyper-space jump and glided for the star system. Aboard the Nightshade the bridge was frantic and the security team came aboard it. Kal was among them, they spread out to their stations. Kal sat at the communications desk and the officer next to him turned to look at him.

“Cadet I am Lieutenant Emorl Communications officer, you will be handling incoming and outgoing COMM chatter, can you handle that.” Said Emorl

Kal nodded “Sir”

At the back of the bridge the blast doors slid open and the Admiral walked tough and surveyed his bridge, an officer noticed him and shouted “Admiral on deck!” On queue the entire room stood up and saluted.

“Back to your stations, sensors give me a sweep of the system” he said

The officer at sensors looked to his screen and then back to Admiral “Sir the system has been enveloped by a massive ion field, its interference with our sensors will make a confirmed reading difficult” she said

“Just give me a read of Endorlie Prime ensign” he said
“Yes sir” the ensign looked at her screen and started the scan the planet “Sir the planet is giving off large radiation reading right across the spectrum and there is a large unknown ship in orbit” she said

“Put it on the holo” said the Admiral

The ensign turned back to her screen and pushed a button and a floor panel in the centre of the bridge a holo projector rose out of the floor and it attempted to form a projection of the planet and the ship that lay above it, but it would not form it merely fizzed and blurred and distorted itself.

“Alpha, can you clean up the image?” the Admiral asked

The avatar of Alpha appeared next to the holo projector itself distorted. “I’m sorry sir, the ion field and the radiation output from the planet, is distorting the holo image, I will attempt to strengthen the radiation shielding” he said and as his avatar disappeared the projection of the planet became more forces, and the planet’s surface was still unseen.
Alphas avatar returned “Sorry sir but the radiation levels make a reading of the planet impossible, but we can get a clear reading of the unknown ship” he said

The holo image zoomed in on the ship, it was massive, the size of a moon and it looked like one too, and it was a dark blue, with lines of ghostly blue crises crossing it surface. Out of its equator in 8 places came out long bridges of cold blue metal, ending in large cylindrical structures, at the cylinders bottom it ended in a flat point and at its top it ended in a hemisphere. An officer walked up to the holo projection and put his hands on the railing that surrounded the projector.

“By Terranus, Admiral it’s immense” said the officer

“That’s not one of ours” The Admiral looked from the officer to Kal. “Cadet, do we have COMMs capability with them?”

Kal checked his screen and turned to the Admiral “Sir we have COMMs with them”

The Admiral walked forward and sat down in his chair “Well hail them” he said

Kal turned back to his screen and started to push the buttons on it. “Sending out hail….Their responding, I’m putting them tough” he and all the crew on the bridge turned to look at holo projection that appeared in front of the window screen at the front of the bridge.

On it appeared a face, a cold metal face, it facial features where pronounced and pointed and it looked vaguely human, it eyes where as if someone lay a royal blue diamond on its side but its nose and mouth where non-existent. The Admiral looked at the creature for a moment, but then spoke.

“Unidentified ship, you have trespassed in Terrana controlled space. Identify yourselves and state your purpose now or we will take action” he said his eyes still fixated on it.

“We are the Watchers” it said, it voice was cold and metallic and sounded as if it was produced by a computer rather than a living thing. “For some time now we have watched your people and studied them for our research, but recently we felt that a mere observation would not be beneficial to our research and have decided that interaction would more adequate, and upon entering the system we deprived your people of all technology and begun testing. But some were uncooperative and the entire batch was deemed a failure and was exterminated and liquidised” the Watcher said

All of the colour from the Admirals face had gone. “Exterminated…. All of them” he wisped

On the holo projection the Watcher tilted its head slightly. “Yes, except for the 2,590,023 on the planet that where not taken for testing, is this a problem” it said

No one moved on the bridge, as the Admiral slumped in his chair. Suddenly the COMM projection was cut. Aboard the Watchers ship, the watcher who was previously talking sat in its chair taping its nails on the arms of the chair, a watcher that stood behind the chair stepped forward. “Intriguing, we presumed that such news would provoke a violent response, it seems we were mistaken”.

The watcher in the chair continued to tap its fingers on the chair, then it pressed a button on it and said “Activate primary weapon, aim it at the planet” said the watcher. Over the COMMs came a reply “Yes Controller” said the watcher. The Controller looked at the projection of the planet and the 8 biologicals ships. “This will most likely attain the reaction we seek” it said.

On the bridge of the Nightshade, the Ensign looked at her screen “Sir there is movement and a high surge in ion levels coming from that ship” she said.

And in the void of space, the ships surface moved. The bottom half of the ship slid open revealing a its core that shone a bright blue, and out of the cylindrical structures grew large spires of metal that formed a crown of spikes around the exposed core, and from spire to spire shoot blue lightning that formed a ring or lightning above the core. Inside the ring at one of the spires formed a ball of the lightning and the same thing formed at the tower opposite and both of the balls span round the ring clockwise getting faster and faster but always keeping pace with the other, and the atmosphere of the planet began to waver and as the lightning balls span so fast they created on continues ring the atmosphere was ripped from the planet and flew toward the Watcher vessel, and as the atmosphere was sucked into the ships core a massive shock wave set out from the core and when the shock wave hit the ships all the people on the bridge where knocked over and the computer sparked and exploded.

The Admiral looked up from the floor out of the window and saw what was happening and with fear and dreadful realisation dripping off every word said “Dark matter, it’s a dark matter weapon”. Another officer got up and said “That’s impossible”. The Admiral got back into his seat and said “Evidently it is” he said.

And as they helplessly looked on the planet was torn asunder, on the planet buildings, towns, cities and entire mountains were ripped apart and sucked to the ships core, but not only the crust but the planets magma and core where sucked into the ship, and as they hurtled though space they span creating a funnel between the ship and the remains of the planet until the hole of the planet was gone, consumed by the watchers.

The Admiral stood up “Cadet open COMMs to the battle group” he said. Kal pushed some more buttons on his screen, then out of frustration he hit it hard, and there was a green blip on the screen he turned to the Admiral “Sir the COMMs yours”. The Admiral walked to the window at the front of the bridge.

“This is Admiral Porr, all batteries open fire”

Chapter 2
Only blood will pay for this

Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Mon 02 May 2011, 11:28

mwahahahaha this is great stuff.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Mon 02 May 2011, 15:29

Indeed Smile Cant wait to read more!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Mon 02 May 2011, 21:34

let me at the murdering fuck heads
Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Tue 03 May 2011, 11:20

hey there friendo's, dawn here. Later today i will be posting a brief summery of chapter 2

Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Wed 04 May 2011, 17:52

howdy everyone heres a snipit of chapter 2, to slick you thurst

Chapter 2

The lights on the bridge dimmed and went from white to red, as the ship began to rumble from the engines churning to full power and began to push the Nightshade tough space. On her hull dim purple lines formed and they changed as they heated, shifting from purple to pink then to red then to a bright orange and after shifting tough the entire colour spectrum it stopped at white and the lines met at the prowl of the ship, then with a flash of light a beam of light that was concentrated into such a small place that it shone white hot, shot into space speeding at the speed of light to the Watchers ship vaporising everything even atoms that stood in its path to the ship then just meters from the alien ship it struck the shields which glowed a violent purple for a brief second the faded back.

The crew on the Nightshade look in astonishment “Lieutenant?” asked the Admiral

“Yes sir?” he asked his voice trembling

“What level was the light cannon set to?” he asked never taking his eyes off the screen
The lieutenant looked at his screen and gulped “Sir it was set to 100% power” he said

The Admiral pushed a button on his seat “All ship open fire on that ship, all weapons at full power, fire the garbage dispensers at them if you have to” he said “Let’s see if they can take everything at once”

On the Watchers ship, the controller sat in his chair, the one that stood behind it said “A beam of concentrated light as a weapon, how primitive” it said. The controller beamed at the watcher and said “Primitive yes, but also elegant and effective; the only species we have encountered that process such weaponry.”

A lesser watcher walked up to the Controller “There ships are moving into attack position, power
levels emanating from there ship suggest that they are preparing for a full barrage” it said. The Controller span his chair to the lesser watcher “Lower the shield power in quadrant 4 to 40%, draw them in for the attack” he turned back to the holo projection of the small ship hurtling toward the ship. “This will be interesting.” It would have grinned if it had a mouth.

Aboard Nightshade one of the Ensigns cracked a smile “Sir there’s a power drop in the shields on the northern hemisphere.” She said

The Admiral tapped his fingers on his chair. “Could be a trap, send in the Leviathan and the Righteous Indignation to exploit it, the remainder of the battle group will remain on course” he said.

Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Thu 05 May 2011, 07:54

excellent chapter, i think youve written the watchers better than me. i am ashamed Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Thu 05 May 2011, 09:58

no i havn't, dude your the story maker, nothing can dawft you storys

Back to top Go down
Mourwen

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Thu 05 May 2011, 19:00

Beautiful! Two stories involving contact with the Watchers! I can't wait for the next chapter!

Back to top Go down
Arexel

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Thu 05 May 2011, 19:21

Chim is gonna make a fortune from those jizz tissues lol

CHANCELLOR OF THE UNITED EMPIRES ALLIANCE
Points in the metal mines : 21.561.787
Points in the crystal mines : 22.119.541
Points in the deuterium mines : 26.428.390
Points in the mines : 70.109.718
Plasma Technology : 17

Per hour : 4.132.310 Metal / 1.424.700 Crystal / 1.128.828 Deuterium
Per day : 99.175.440 Metal / 34.192.800 Crystal / 27.091.872 Deuterium
Per week : 694.228.080 Metal / 239.349.600 Crystal / 189.643.104 Deuterium
Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Fri 06 May 2011, 21:36

here is a little tiny bit of chapter 2, which shall be released, iver saturday or sunday, depending on how long proof reading and any changes i need to make take.

The Leviathan and the Righteous Indignation swept through space toward the breach, their engines roaring with the strain of being maxed out, on their hulls, the lines started to glow as the light cannons began to charge, and at the front of the ship and across the entire ship, over 100 parts of the hull slid open to reveal batteries with 10 cannons on each deck, and out of the top and the bottom of the ships came out 20 large cannons. Across the infinite void the rest of the battle group did the same the light from the sun shining off the armour plating of the guns.
The captain sat up strait.

“Open fire” he said. In the void as the ship flew in space, the batteries opened fire. Balls, lances and torpedoes of various colours of light burned through space slamming into the watchers ship. Plumes of plasma rocketed from the ship as the bolts of light hammered the hull of the watchers ship. Aboard the ship the Controller leaned forward, a lesser watcher turned to it. “Controller the two ships have reached the target point” it said

“Reactivate the shields” said the Controller.

Back to top Go down
Arexel

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Fri 06 May 2011, 21:41

Cunning barstewards will be interesting to see the complete chapter.

Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Sat 07 May 2011, 14:32

here it is Very Happy

Chapter 2

The lights on the bridge dimmed and went from white to red, as the ship began to rumble from the engines churning to full power and began to push the Nightshade tough space. On her hull dim purple lines formed and they changed as they heated, shifting from purple to pink then to red then to a bright orange and after shifting tough the entire colour spectrum it stopped at white and the lines met at the prowl of the ship, then with a flash of light a beam light that was concentrated into such a small place that it shone white hot, shot into space speeding at the speed of light to the Watchers ship vaporising everything even atoms that stood in its path to the ship then just meters from the alien ship it struck the shields which glowed a violent purple for a brief second the faded back. The crew on the Nightshade look in astonishment “Lieutenant?” asked the Admiral

“Yes sir?” he asked his voice trembling

“What level was the light cannon set to?” he asked never taking his eyes off the screen
The lieutenant looked at his screen and gulped “Sir it was set to 100% power” he said

The Admiral pushed a button on his seat “All ship open fire on that ship, all weapons at full power, fire the garbage dispensers at them if you have to” he said “Let’s see if they can take everything at once”

On the Watchers ship, the controller sat in his chair, the one that stood behind it said “A beam of concentrated light as a weapon, how primitive” it said. The controller beamed at the watcher and said “Primitive yes, but also elegant and effective; the only species we have encountered that process such weaponry.”

A lesser watcher walked up to the Controller “There ships are moving into attack position, power levels emanating from there ship suggest that they are preparing for a full barrage” it said. The Controller span his chair to the lesser watcher “Lower the shield power in quadrant 4 to 40%, draw them in for the attack” he turned back to the holo projection of the small ship hurtling toward the ship. “This will be interesting.” It would have grinned if it had a mouth.

Aboard Nightshade one of the Ensigns cracked a smile “Sir there’s a power drop in the shields on the northern hemisphere.” She said

The Admiral tapped his fingers on his chair. “Could be a trap, send in the Leviathan and the Righteous Indignation to exploit it, the remainder of the battle group will remain on course” he said.

As the Battle fleet sped through space, two of the ships on the flank of the attack broke off and headed to the effected shields, on bored the lead of the two ships. The captain sat in his chair, he was a man in his middle age’s his hair was an iron grey, he face was harsh and with sharp features with a large scar running down his face, he looked to the officers at sensors.

“Officers what are the readings the ships shields?” he voice was sharp and cold.

The officer looked at his screen, and looked back to his captain “There shields seem to be down sir, we could bored her if we wanted to”.

The captain grinned. “Take her in, and make them pay” he said.

“Aye aye captain” said the helms men

The Leviathan and the Righteous Indignation swept through space toward the breach, their engines roaring with the strain of being maxed out, on their hulls, the lines started to glow as the light cannons began to charge, and at the front of the ship and across the entire ship, over 100 parts of the hull slid open to reveal batteries with 10 cannons on each deck, and out of the top and the bottom of the ships came out 20 large cannons. Across the infinite void the rest of the battle group did the same the light from the sun shining off the armour plating of the guns.

The captain sat up strait. “Open fire” he said. In the void as the ship flew in space, the batteries opened fire. Balls, lances and torpedoes of various colours of light burned through space slamming into the watchers ship. Plumes of plasma rocketed from the ship as the bolts of light hammered the hull of the watchers ship. Aboard the ship the Controller leaned forward, a lesser watcher turned to it. “Controller the two ships have reached the target point” it said

“Reactivate the shields” said the Controller. The lesser looked from the Controller to its holo projection, and waved its hand over it and is shimmered then settled. In the void the shield moved covering the once empty space, it grew faster and faster until it reached the two ships and it sliced them in half, the aft halves of the ship where crushed into the shields and exploded, and when the explosions penetrated the anti-matter drive there was a brilliant explosion of light as the ships where disintegrated from the blast, the shields of the watchers ship bloomed, first they rippled then waves larger then tsunamis formed and the reverberated around the ship, then they collapsed. Abroad the Watcher ship, computers fizzled and sparked and the Controller dug he nails into his leaving deep trenches, he shot up.

“WHAT HAPPENED!” he screamed. The lesser watcher who was operating the shields scurried to the Controller and cowered in front of it.

“Controller, their engines appear to be powered by anti-matter drives, they neutralized our shields.” The lesser said. The Controller loomed over it “Surely you compensated for this possibility?” said the Controller walking forward, and as the lesser moved backward faster, then it hit a wall.

“I predicted that the chances of them having such technology where at a 23%, I was quite confident of the chances” it said shaking. The Controller picked it up by the neck and said “You where complaisant, this is a disappointing failure” the Controller slammed the lesser into a wall. “P…please just give me a second chance” it whaled.

“No second chances” said the Controller as he snapped the lessers neck and its eyes flashed a bright blue then went dark as its head rolled of its body and crashed on the floor and tumbled away and stopped its cold dead eyes staring at the crew who were all watching. The Controller walked forward and trod on the head and crushed it and as it collapsed under its foot it said “Failure and weakness will not be tolerated” as shards of crystal and sparks flew out of the pitiful lump of metal. As it walked toward its chair another lesser looked at its screen which was bleeping and said. “Controller, the debris from the two ships are going to crash into us”.

The Controller sat in it chair “Destroy them” it said waving its hand. Aboard the Nightshade the crew watched as the flaming remains of their ships span toward the Watchers ship.

“Cadet do we have COMMs with them?” said the Admiral.

Kal looked at his screen “No sir but we can pick up audio” he said. “Put it on” said the Admiral.

The captain of the Leviathan voice came other the COMMs “XO prepare to fire escape pods” he said. A woman’s voice came up “Sir the enemy ship is firing” she said. “Raise shields” said the captain. A man’s voice shouted “THERE NOT HOLDING!” . The captain’s voice came back “ABANDON SHI..”.

His voice was cut off as two bolts of lightning leaped form Watcher ship and struck the Leviathan and the Righteous Indignation and they both disintegrated in to a black mist which was absorbed by the ship.

The Admiral shot up out of his chair nocking it over, he was red faced his hands clenched into fists whitening at the knuckles and bellowed “FIRE EVERYTHING!”. Suddenly the bridge was buzzing with chatter . But in space it was filled with light, the fire from the Terranien ships burned though the void like the fury of angles then slicing into the Watchers ship sending plums of plasma into the void. The Watchers ship fired back, streaks of blue lightning zapped into space, the Terranien ship span and swerved gracefully avoiding every shot, but this did not detour them still they sped on ripping through space. Every one of their shoots tearing into the enemy’s hull like a hot knife through butter.

The Controller sat in its chair amused at this sight, it gave a sigh. “Decloak the fleet”. Aboard the Nightshade the ensign shouted “SHIPS DECLOAKING!”. The Admiral looked at her “How many?” he asked. All colour from her face had gone “Billions sir”. And in the black of space the Watchers ships decloaked the where billions upon billions of ship, thousands of the mammoth moon sized ships but billions of smaller ships ranging from the size towns to the size of entire continents and oceans, and they all opened fire of the Terranien ships. There was no chance in avoiding the incoming fire, the battle group never stood a chance their ships where torn to pieces like rocks through tissue paper, their debris floating aimlessly in vacuum. But the ablaze Nightshade strode on toward the first Watcher ship.

“All crew evacuate through the teleport chamber, were abandoning the Nightshade, Alpha you’re going to” said the Admiral. The avatar of Alpha appeared “Sir I would recommend ageist that” he said.

The Admiral glared at him “That’s an order”. The AI nodded “Understood sir” his avatar disappeared and out of the arm of the Admirals chair a small disk slid out, he took it and walked to his XO and put it in his hand. “Make sure the Empress gets this” he said to the XO “The Empire must be warned” said the Admiral.

The XO looked at the Admiral. “You’re not coming with us sir?” he said. The Admiral shook his head “No, I’m going to give you all the time I can” he said, and the XO spanned a salute. “It’s been an honour to serve you sir” he said, the Admiral smiled and held out his and the XO took it “The honour is mine, my friend” said the Admiral he pressed a green button on his chair and all of the crew glowed pure white for a moment and then they were gone. The Admiral walked forward to the helm, and punched in a new course; on the holo screen red lights flashed it said collision course, the Admiral got up from helm and walked to the window, and stood in front of it glaring at the Watcher ship that was approaching a fast speed.

Aboard the Watcher ship a lesser said “Controller enemy ship is on a collision course”. The Controller tilted its head “Set the perimeter shields to compensate for an anti-matter blast”. “Yes Controller” said the lesser. On the bridge of the Nightshade the Admiral looked out through the window as the ship drew closer to its target, and when it was mere moment from the end, the Admiral took his last long intake of glorious air and then was consumed by light.

“Damage report” said the Controller getting up from his chair. “Minimal damage to the ship, the main shields are being repaired” said a lesser, another lesser said “Controller where receiving a message from her”. The Controller span round so fast the made the lesser jump “Then put her through” said the Controller. A holo projection of a watcher who’s features where less sharp as the others and its face was more slender.

The Controller knelt as did all the other Watchers “Reaper responding, great creator”. Then a female voice appeared it had no warmth in it. “How went the engagement with the specimens” she said. The Controller raised its head “Better than expected great one” it said.

“Good, begin the cleansing immediately and do not stop until they are all gone” she said. The Controller lowered its head again “Yes my queen”. Her image disappeared and the Controller stood up “Order the fleet to disband and head to the nearest infected star system” it said it turned around and sat back in its chair. “This should be fun” it said.

Days later, millions of light-years away on Terranus Prime a great crowed of people congregated in a great courtyard of silver and gold. The people pressed up so much that there was no space in-between them, little children sat on the parents shoulders. On the great tower on a balcony a person walked out, it was the Empress; her normal purple and gold robes where replaced with long black ones. As she walked forward the crowd cheered and she raised her hands to signal them to be quiet and they did.

“My people; sons and daughters of Terranus, I come before you today with a heavy heart. Earlier today I received information that 38 of our planetary systems where viciously attacked and destroyed by a previously unknown species called the Watchers, they have annihilated some 500 sextillion souls where lost.” She said and she gripped the edge of the balcony “But we will make them pay, as I speak we are forming the largest fleet and largest army in our history. These Watchers have besieged our civilisation, destroyed our planets and butchered our brothers and sisters, and when the Watchers look in to the heavens and they see our fleets burning through the sky and our judgement raining down upon then, they will know that our final breath will not so easily be extinguished.” She said.

Then she punched her arm into the air and shouted “AND THEY WILL KNOW FEAR!” and with that the crowd let out a huge roar which made the earth and the heavens itself tremble, the walls of the courtyard vibrated as did the towers, and dust cascaded of it, and flocks of birds leaped from it and flew away, and this roar echoed around the planet and all the colony’s and throughout the entire empire as more and more planets received the Empress message, and the echo carried on until it filled every corner of creation but was a mere whisper but it could still be heard as a chill running up the spine.

Later that day with the yellow sun setting over the horizon, the Empress stood, with her war council and the heads of the high council looked out on to a parade ground, where millions of soldiers marched in formation toward the gigantic ships, and the noise they made as the marched across the ground and up the ramps to the ship was glorious, it sounded like thunder, like the footsteps of doom, and as the ships filled they lifted off into the stars. The sound of their engines made the ears tremble. The Empress looked out on the army “So it begins” she said.

Chapter 3
War

Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Sat 07 May 2011, 14:41

oh hell yes, i love the way the watchers are angry robots in this story, a nice contrast to the relatively calm and arrogant organic creatures they become. very, very well written, and i love the billions of ships bit, extremely good work m'boy Smile

Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Sat 07 May 2011, 15:15

thank you chimera, and chapter 3 will begin after my brain had a rest

Back to top Go down
Arexel

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Sat 07 May 2011, 16:20

Finally got round to reading it properly can't wait for the next installment.

Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   Sun 08 May 2011, 10:38

hey guys RD here to give you a lil bit of Chapter 3

As the blast doors unlocked, the Sergeant tuned and bellowed “Earn the Green boy’s” then the blast doors slid open and a dark matter bolt flew through the gap and hit the Sergeant in the visor, and it shattered and his body lead by his head span backward, his gun firing as he convulsed. And as the doors opened more, the room was filled with dark matter bolts, they zinged past Kal’s head as he and the other troopers ran to the open door to try and find cover, treading over the bodies of troopers that died struck down by the bolts, Kal hit a broken wall and the two troopers from earlier joined him. As plasma mortars thumped into the ground around them, sending up columns of dirt cascading into the air. The trooper who was asking about Kal shouted. “Where’s our armor!” the other trooper looked at the smoldering wreckage of a downed dropship that pointed out of a building.

“I think that was it” he said. The three troopers looked and the one that asked about the armor, shouted “DAMN IT!” the other trooper nudged him. “Kaylin that better not be what I think it is” he said. Kaylin looked at the approaching ship in the sky; he got up and shouted “HUMMER IN COMING, GET TO COVER!” all the troopers in the square responded, by running to the nearest open door or smashed window. The three troopers ran for the safety of the buildings when the Watcher drop ship called “Hummer” fired on them, the dark matter bolts hit the ground, turning the ground around the hole into the black smoke. They took cover behind a piece of destroyed car, as the Hummer shot at them.

“AHGGGG WE CANT DO SHIT, WITH THAT ON OUR ASS’S!” shouted the trooper, Kaylin poked his head over the car, but ducked it down when the Hummer shot at his head.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Our Fathers.   

Back to top Go down

Ghosts of Our Fathers.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Retrieved Dawn-
Jump to: