HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to The United Empires Alliance Forum.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ghosts of Our Fathers.
Tue 11 Oct 2011, 07:23 by Terranian

» Remember to Forget
Wed 05 Oct 2011, 22:45 by Arexel

» Day of the Watchers- Book 3
Tue 28 Jun 2011, 14:24 by Mourwen

» Arexel
Sat 25 Jun 2011, 14:36 by Chimaera

» War To End All Wars
Sat 21 May 2011, 16:12 by Guest

» Cry of the Stars- Book 1
Fri 06 May 2011, 20:43 by Arexel

» Mankind Rising- Book 2
Mon 25 Apr 2011, 15:47 by Mourwen

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 20 on Tue 19 Nov 2013, 22:17

Share | 

Day of the Watchers- Book 3

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Chimaera

PostSubject: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Wed 27 Apr 2011, 10:30

Here is a quick synopsis of the general plot, of my final story in the trilogy.

The United Empires Alliance, recovering from the Second Korvath War, and undergoing a time of peace and demilitaristaion, is unaware of a gathering force to destroy them. For 10,000 years, both the Korvath Empire and mankind has been watched, studied, analysed, by a terrifyingly powerful race, who see all lifeforms as little more than lab rats, and seeks only to study the effects of a civilisation as it crumbles, and the complete enslavement of their people. They are The Watchers, and soon they will commence the final phase of their terrible plan.

This is one war the UEA may not win...

______________________________________________________________________________________
LORD PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED EMPIRES ALLIANCE

Last edited by Iroscato on Tue 31 May 2011, 08:52; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Wed 27 Apr 2011, 13:29

im looking forward to it Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 28 Apr 2011, 14:22

bounce I cant wait! Your stories are brilliant
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 28 Apr 2011, 15:14

here be chapter the first. enjoy Wink

Day of the Watchers.
Chapter 1.

Two years after the Second Korvath War. UEA Central Headquarters, Haven.

The 200m long corridor that led to the President’s office echoed with the click of Admiral Firehawk’s boots as he marched swiftly down its length. Reaching the door of Pendragon’s office, he entered, barely breaking stride as he opened the door. Pendragon seemed taken slightly by surprise, but took off his glasses and surveyed the Admiral silently.

‘Sir, I have something you need to see. Right now.’ He handed Pendragon a personal computer, which the President took and glanced at, eyes widening the longer he looked. He looked back up at Firehawk, worry etched into every line of his aging face. He stood, and rested his hands on the Admiral’s shoulders.
‘Has anyone else seen this?’ He asked urgently, eyes darting around Firehawk’s face. Firehawk shook his head.
‘No, just me. I recommend an emergency meeting immediately. This event is unprecedented.’ Pendragon nodded in agreement. Unprecedented yes, dangerous…perhaps. They would need to tread very carefully with this one. The UEA was in no state for another war, especially not with the demilitarisation program it was undergoing. This happening could hurt them very, very much.
It had been a strange 2 years. The Korvath Empire had been absorbed into the UEA after their defeat, and had at first been welcomed with a frigid reception from citizens of the Milky Way Galaxy. The terrible war they had waged on humanity has cost a lot of lives, and hundreds of worlds burned at the hands of Korvath. But the UEA was little better; in the last few weeks of the war they massively accelerated their campaign, leading to the death of billions of Korvathians. At first, both sides had demanded war reparations from each other, until they realised both sides had done as much damage as each other. The demands were quietly withdrawn, and both forces settled into a slightly strained relationship.

The total size of the UEA fleet was now at around 4 million ships, half the size of the combined fleets at the height of the Korvath War. The 5-year demilitarisation program put forward by Pendragon had partly been a gesture of goodwill to Korvath, and partly to cut down on the huge strain the fleet put on the UEA’s deuterium reserves.

It was a decision that would haunt humanity for its entire existence.

Syphiryx Whiskey was the UEA’s most popular alchoholic drink. Many had tried to describe its unique taste; the closest people could get to was ‘raw deuterium mixed with chilli’. Despite the unrelenting headaches and hangovers the lethal beverage inflicted on its drinkers, it had become insanely popular, and had started to export to the Andromeda galaxy, where it was just as fancied.

Right now, Vice President Chimera was trying to recover from a particularly large glass of the stuff, a dose that would have killed any human trying it for the first time. Chimera, however was used to it, even though it felt like a laser bolt was lancing through his skull. The sound of his communication device on his wrist made it all the more worse; he knew the sound meant an emergency was present. Moodily, he pressed the accept button.

‘What is it?’ he groaned, massaging his temple gently, trying to shake away the throbbing ache in his head.
‘Chimera? We have a situation. I need you to get to the conference hall immediately, hangover or not.’ Chimera stiffened. Pendragon sounded worried, almost…afraid. The last time he had heard him sound anywhere near as bad as this was when Haven had surrendered to Korvath during the last great war. Whatever it was, it was enough to scare Pendragon. And that could be no good thing.

Chimera grumpily donned his cloak, and swept down the corridor towards the conference chamber, which was thankfully quite close. He walked into the to be faced with the whole of the UEA leading body. President Pendragon, seated next to Admiral Aang, Mourwen, Daggers, Skyfire and Firehawk. Valkyrus’ seat was empty, and Chimera still felt a twinge of sadness as to the reason. In the last great battle of the Korvath War, he had sacrificed himself to save the UEA fleet, by imploding an expanding red supergiant. The action had saved millions, but the loss of the UEA’s best tactician left a raw wound in the consciousness of the UEA.

Chimera sat next to Pendragon, laced his fingers, and sat forward. Unusually for a government meeting, Pendragon didn’t activate the holoimager. Instead, he simply cleared his throat, and spoke to the Admirals.
‘Earlier today, we received a distress call from the colonial world of Taranis. They spoke of just one ships attacking, a single ship that was decimating their defences.’ These words alone would be shocking enough; Taranis was a well-defended resource world, to overcome it with an entire fleet would be difficult, let alone one ship. But the President was not done there. He took another breath.

‘A fleet of 1500 starships were dispatched, including a DeathStar. Upon entering the system, they confirmed there was indeed only one ship. But…’ The President’s voice faltered. He took a moment to compose himself.
‘They reported the attacking vessel…was larger than the planet itself.’ The last sentence had a predictable effect. Everyone in the room froze, and stopped breathing for a moment. A cold sense of shock and dread ran through the room, as the Admirals and Chimera tried to absorb this shocking information. Pendragon looked around the room, and then continued.

‘12 seconds after they engaged the vessel, there was one final transmission from the fleet commander. The ship appeared to have Dark Matter based technology, and was not being affected by weapons fire at all. 3 seconds after that, we lost all contact.’ Mourwen placed her hands over her mouth in shock, and Daggers blinked in surprise. Everyone else just sat stock still, trying to take in this monumental news. A planet-sized starship, armed with impossibly advanced shields and weapons, had decimated an entire UEA attack fleet…in 15 seconds. The technology needed to achieve such a feat would have to mind numbingly advanced.

‘Effective immediately, I am declaring a galactic-wide state of emergency.’ Continued Pendragon. ‘All ships are to be withdrawn from normal duty and are to guard the core worlds of the UEA. In addition, our oldest and most worn-out ships will be called in for refitting and upgrading, and I will also reverse the demilitarisation program. All retired and decommissioned starships will be recrewed and recommisioned. All Korvath starships will join up with the UEA main fleet to help in guard operations.’ Chimera snorted at this.

‘What use is it? At best, we could scratch their paint with our combined fleet.’ Pendragon turned to face him, and gave him a sad smile.
‘I know, old friend. But we have to at least try to defend ourselves, if they turn out to be hostile we can-‘
‘Hostile? They wiped out 1500 ships in seconds, then razed the planet to the ground! I’d like to know your definition of hostile, because that’s mine!’ Pendragon slammed his palms on the table, and shouted right back at Chimera.
‘I am trying to be as calm as possible here! I’m doing the best I can to protect my galaxy, why can you not see that?!’
‘Because it’s clear anything you throw at these people do nothing! They destroyed 15. Hundred. Ships! That kind of power is far beyond us. Whatever these things are, they do not come in peace!’

Both men stood, and faced each other, nose to nose. The Admirals sat dumbfounded, watching the two most powerful men in the galaxy at odds with each other. Finally, Pendragon came to his senses, and his expression softened.
‘Chimera’ he said, slightly hoarse. ‘This is the best I can do to help. We could be facing an enemy of power far greater than our own, and I want to make sure we are at least prepared.’
Chimera sighed, and they both sat heavily back down.

‘As I was saying…’ said Pendragon, coming back to sanity fully. ‘The refit program will take several weeks at least, all we can hope for is that this race, whoever they are…do not strike us again.

______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 28 Apr 2011, 15:22

god damn this thing is good, keeep it coming!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mourwen

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 28 Apr 2011, 15:34

Why would anyone read my piddly little history? Heck, I wouldn't read it with this going on! Nice work, sir! Beautiful start.

GRAND ADMIRAL OF THE UNITED EMPIRES ALLIANCE
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 28 Apr 2011, 16:02

come now mourwen, your story is looking excellent as well so far Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 28 Apr 2011, 16:06

Nice intro Chim Smile Though I didn't think you were much of a drinker Razz
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 28 Apr 2011, 16:07

Fire_Hawk wrote:
Nice intro Chim Smile Though I didn't think you were much of a drinker Razz

well, he has a taste for the syphiryx whiskey, thats for sure.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 28 Apr 2011, 16:24

Im not sure I would like it Razz Seeing as Deuterium is a form of Hydrogen, it would probably kill you! Though you must have a strong stomach
Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 28 Apr 2011, 19:11

>>/ This is a most intriguing and superb story i await the next chapter with great antiserpation

We are the Terranus Empire, once a great force in this universe now laid low by a gruelling war with the Watchers, and now we have returned

Thats a very nice everything you have there be a shame if anything where to *HISSSSSSSS* happen to it
Back to top Go down
Skyfire

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 28 Apr 2011, 22:30

Very nice Chim as Admiral Skyfire paces in front of his computer awaiting his call to arms Smile

should be good , though dark matter tech will be a complex subject to handle :p maybe some sort of solar tech to have an effect Smile

buy sc2 so i can kick your ass Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tuea.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Mon 02 May 2011, 10:45

Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Mon 02 May 2011, 23:53

the next chapter is coming tomorrow or wednesday, patience my brethren.

Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Wed 04 May 2011, 17:10

sorry for the delay, college work, you know, but here it is Very Happy

Chapter 2.
Advancing Darkness.

Raucous laughter filled the chamber, as 1000 Watchers mocked the cattle for their complacency and weakness. An interesting study though it was, it was also amusing for the Watchers. As they laughed, the Higher mused on how disappointing the Cattle had been in fighting the Harbinger. Like a tiny wave against a dam, they had cast themselves against the Harbinger and failed. Now would begin the final test for the Cattle. The Reptiles would soon follow, they were allied with the Cattle now, after all.
Stretching his hands wide, the Higher addressed the massed Watchers. Speaking in a sharp, almost emotionless voice, he started.
‘Soon, we will begin the final attack on the Cattle. They will scatter beneath our mighty Harbingers, and become our willing and loyal servants in our quest for apotheosis. They will fall, and we shall rise.’ The Higher felt the adoration of his form and mind in all of the Lowers. For aeons he had led them to glory, and recently they had expanded their objectives. They were a race not only driven by war, and an insatiable desire for conquest, but science, studying the lower lifeforms, as a man might study an amoeba. The Watchers were ancient indeed, almost a million human years of age, and each Watcher lived for thousands of years.

This was not the first contact between humans and Watchers, however. There existed an almost forgotten age of war between the two species, over 100,000 years ago. The human race had been an incredibly advance species in those times, yet the Watchers were more advanced still. There had been a terrible war between the two forces, yet despite all the odds, humankind repelled the Watchers’ forces. However, for some unknown reason, mankind’s armies collapsed soon after.

Their punishment for their part in the war was for their race to be ‘reversed’ set back 100,000 years technologically. The knowledge of the technology was gradually eroded and lost as time wore on, and yet even now, the Cattle were not as powerful as they once were. They were also almost completely unaware of their turbulent past, only in the quietest of whispers told the story of the First Terrana Empire.

The Higher reached into The Void, and spoke to the Fleet Leader. Begin our conquest, he thought, and the message crossed vast swaths of space and reached the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy. The Fleet Leader felt the message come through, and ordered the Harbinger ship to begin its journey…to planet Arc.

Planet Arc, UEA Defensive Grid 002

‘What do you mean, we can’t stop it?’ Said Admiral Daggers incredulously.
‘Our weapons are having very little effect sir. Their shields are impossibly strong. So far, we’ve been assaulting them for 4 hours straight, and about 3000 ships have been sent to attack it, and nothing.’

Daggers slumped in his chair. Another massive, planet-sized starship had been detected as having a course set directly for planet Arc, and for the last few hours, hundreds of ships had been launched to try and tackle it, completely in vain. It was possible this was the same ships as the one that attacked Taranis. It was certainly off the same production line.

‘Ok, dispatch the Arc destroyer wing,’ said Daggers hastily, knowing that the loss of the 500 destroyers guarding Arc would be devastating to the planet’s defences. The officer nodded and obeyed, and the ground soon shook as 500 massive ships launched from the ground of Arc. But the risk of the ship reaching Arc was too great, so sacrifices had to be made.

‘Also, I think we’d better start a planetwide evacuation,’ Daggers said grimly. Taranis had been bombed into oblivion, its surface scarred and torn by weapons of horrifying power. If they couldn’t hold off this new ship, they would have to run. After half an hour, the comm device beeped, and a live feed was established between the destroyer fleet and Arc. the screen showed the ship, massive as it was, taking the full force of attack from the destroyers, plasma bolts striking its shields with no effect. Daggers watched, amazed, as one by one the destroyers simply…disappeared, shot with a mysterious energy weapon that obviously had incredible power behind it.

‘Zoom in on that weapon,’ ordered Daggers, and his brow furrowed as he watched a slowed-down view of the weapon discharging. A black substance, almost transparent, shot out of the cannon, and seemed to convert the destroyers atoms into more of the substance on impact. In less than 0.1 seconds the destroyer was completely black.
Then something even stranger happened. The planet ship changed shape, and a structure appeared out of its underbelly. The strange object appeared to be made of many mechanical parts, which all started moving as one. Daggers’ eyes widened as the structure sucked what was the destroyer into itself, and seemed to take the black substance inside the ship.

Daggers had a sneaky feeling he knew what the black substance was. In disbelief, he shook his head. It couldn’t be…
The rest of the destroyers winked out of existence in a similar way, each one converting into a black, translucent substance before being absorbed into the invading ships body. It was terrifying to watch, akin to a lion feasting on mice. Panicked, Daggers ordered the guard fleet to be on high alert, what little good it would do. He strode around the room, hastily giving instructions.
‘Pull all of our ships available to high defensive orbit! Divert all ground power to our defences, and I want this planet empty by the time that thing gets here!’
The officers scrambled to act out the admiral’s orders, and Daggers stood in the middle of the room, feeling the weight of the entire galaxy on his mind.

Four Hours Later
100,000km From Arc.

The Harbinger ship cruised towards Arc slowly, almost lazily, as thousands of energy bolts smashed uselessly against its mighty shields. 15,000 UEA ships were failing to stop its approach, but they were damned if they weren’t going to try. Ships dropped by the hundreds as the Harbinger cut through them, hungrily coming closer to Arc with every passing second.

Daggers watched, impotent with rage and horror, as the fleet was decimated by the impossibly large ship. He knew exactly what to do, though. This new invader was about to find out what happened to enemies of the UEA.
‘Activate Graviton Cannon. Fire at will.’ The tactical officer nodded, and the Invincible’s massive main weapon roared to life, brimming with whitish-blue light. After several seconds of charging, it fired on the Harbinger, scoring a direct hit and creating a brilliant explosion of blue light. Enough power to destroy a moon and devastate a planet thundered into the Harbinger; the most powerful weapon mankind had ever made.
The bridge erupted into cheers at first, but then the cloud disappeared, and beneath it was the Harbinger, without a scratch on it. The cheers faded, to be replaced with gasps of shock. Horrified and stunned, Daggers ordered the other 2 DeathStars in the fleet to fire on the Harbinger, and watched gravitons smashed against its shields, over and over again. The Invincible was ready to fire again, and discharged another shot onto the Harbinger, in the same spot as before. Upon impact, the tactical officer almost cried out, ‘We’ve damaged their shields! 1.4% loss!’ Despite the tiny difference in shield strength, it was enough to give Daggers a glimmer of hope. A glimmer that was soon vanquished, however, as he witnessed two shots fire on each of the other DeathStars. In seconds they were reduced to the black, translucent substance, and absorbed into the Harbinger.

Horrified, he gave the order to retreat at full speed. The Invincible’s massive thrusters powered away from the Harbinger as quickly as possible. The invading ship seemed disinterested in the fleeing Invincible, however, and continued its odyssey to Arc.
Daggers watched, helplessly, as the last ships fired on the Harbinger, and either rammed it in their last moments, or were destroyed. He had failed to protect Arc, the second planet of the UEA, could only hope that the civilians managed to escape.

The next few moments would haunt his memories, his dreams for the rest of his life.

Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Wed 04 May 2011, 17:32

i think i just had an accident in my trousers, THIS IS EPIC

We are the Terranus Empire, once a great force in this universe now laid low by a gruelling war with the Watchers, and now we have returned

Thats a very nice everything you have there be a shame if anything where to *HISSSSSSSS* happen to it
Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Wed 04 May 2011, 17:40

oh, that reminds me, i now sell chimera branded jizz tissues, to help with such explosions of epicness. priced just £2.99 a pack on amazon Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Wed 04 May 2011, 18:19

ha funny

Back to top Go down
Chimaera

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 05 May 2011, 16:38

heres chapter 3 Smile

Chapter 3.
Devastation.

Admiral Daggers watched in abject horror and awe as the enormous ship approached Arc, which by now had started firing in earnest at the Harbinger. As with the now- destroyed fleet, however, the defences were having little visible effect. The gigantic defence network of Arc was inflicting minor damage on the relentless harbinger, but nothing to cause concern to the single Watcher piloting it telekinetically.
The gauss cannons, which had proven useful in the Korvath wars, now were as impotent as the rest to stop the never-ceasing planet-sized starship. Plasma bolts impacted on its shields with the power of a solar flare, yet failed to breach them. Lasers simply were absorbed entirely, as useless as a feather against a mountain. The only weapon that was really making a difference were the ion cannons, inflicting a measurable amount of damage, but unfortunately for Arc, they were severely lacking on the surface of the planet, a result of the high amount of crystalline compounds it took to build each one.
At last the unstoppable behemoth breached the outer atmosphere, and hung in high orbit, 20,000km away. Daggers was just about to order the Invincible to continue graviton bombardment, when a terrifying sight took place. The entire shape of the Harbinger changed, hull plating shunted away, and formed a spiked halo around the bottom half of the ship. The entire bottom half of the ship started to rotate, more of the black matter started to form around the halo. It sped up its revolutions, becoming a blur or coruscating lightning and blackness.

‘Dark…dark matter,’ whispered Daggers, his suspicions of the black matter confirmed. He stared at the beautiful, yet terrible vision in awe, then remembered the dark matter cannon was pointing directly at Arc. Remembering what happened to the fleet, and the DeathStars, his instincts took over. He turned around quickly, and ordered the Invincible to resume firing. The graviton cannon discharged again and again, striking the same spot each time. After 5 shots, the tactical officer cried out in surprise.
‘We’ve breached the shields! Firing again…direct hit to the hull! Minor damage to the hull, but we’re getting through!’ Daggers grimly ordered to keep firing, but still they could not inflict enough damage into the Harbinger to stop the dark matter cannon.
‘Sir…the energy levels in the ship are spiking…’ the officers voice trailed off into a hoarse whisper, and his eyes bulged. Daggers whipped around to the screen, to see a massive pulse of dark matter erupt from the Harbinger, and envelope the entire planet.
‘NOOO!,’ screamed Daggers in horror, helpless as another three pulses were spat from the gigantic starship, smashing into Arc. The planet, its entire atomic structure, and every person on its surface, was reduced to a seething mass of concentrated dark matter, the second most powerful planet in the UEA was gone. But the Harbinger was not done there. The cannon inverted itself, and began to draw in the black mass that used to be Arc. In just 15 terrible seconds, the entire remains of Arc were absorbed into the Harbinger, leaving a cold, empty silence on the bridge in its wake. 12 billion lives winked screaming out of existence, in an event that would stay in the minds of every human being for aeons to come.

No-one spoke on the bridge, not for several minutes. The crew simply stared at the empty space where the mighty planet once sat, and witnessed the Harbinger revert back to its usual shape, and jump to hyperspace.

‘Set a course…for Haven. We need to tell the president what we’ve seen,’ said Daggers in a voice scarcely more than whisper. The Invincible flashed into hyperspace, and Daggers sat in his chair, head in hands, going over what had just happened. Planet Arc…the ancient homeworld of the Chimerean Empire, and one of the richest and most powerful planets in the galaxy…was gone, reduced to mere fuel for this fearsome new enemy. A sick feeling rose in his stomach, and he fought to keep the bile down in his throat.

They needed information about these people, and they needed it fast.

UEA Capital Planet, Haven.
‘So what do we know about them?’ asked Mourwen matter-of-factly. The other Admirals turned and looked at her, slightly shocked. Everyone else had been utterly devastated at the loss of Arc, and Chimera had simply got up, and walked out of the room. Mourwen, however, had kept a cool head, a trait of hers that made her a fearsome fleet commander.
Daggers cleared his throat.
‘Well, we know they use dark matter-powered weapons, and dark matter BASED weapons. Theyre extremely powerful, able to destroy a DeathStar in just two shots, and a…planet…in 4. We believe-‘ he hesitated- ‘based on initial data gathered in the battle, we believe the dark matter shells in fact contain trillions of self-replicating nanobots, which latch onto any matter they come across, and convert its atoms into more of the dark matter. Arc was completely turned into dark matter in just 15 seconds. ‘
The room was silent, as the level of technology the UEA was up against became slowly clearer. Nanobots were highly advanced nanites, hard enough to manufacture as it was, and so far the UEA had failed to create self-replicating ones. And dark matter based technology… it was enough to send a shiver down the spine of every person in the room.
‘What of their shields?’ asked Mourwen sharply. Daggers shook his head.
‘They’re like nothing I’ve ever seen before. An entire fleet of 15,000 starships barely made a mark on them, and it took FIVE graviton blasts to breach them, in just one spot.’ He paused, then continued.
‘We are facing the most advanced species we’ve ever seen. I don’t know if we can win this one, if they choose to go all out offensive. We don’t even know where they’re FROM yet, let alone how many of those ships they have.’

Firehawk and Skyfire shook their heads. Mourwen narrowed her eyes and stared out of the window. Daggers sighed, and carried on.
‘We have two advantages over them, however. Our ships are at least 8 times faster than theirs in hyperspace, and we are fighting on our own territory. But that’s it I’m afraid.’
He took a deep breath, and spoke one last sentence.
‘This could be a war which we lose. The more I think about it, the less hope I have of us winning. But what we need to do know is focus, and gather our forces to defend ourselves. It’s the best we can do.’

Back to top Go down
Terranian

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 05 May 2011, 17:46

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Back to top Go down
Arexel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 05 May 2011, 18:30

Order for 8 packs of jizz tissues submitted must now sleep to get over the epicness of this new chapter. That is all

CHANCELLOR OF THE UNITED EMPIRES ALLIANCE
Points in the metal mines : 21.561.787
Points in the crystal mines : 22.119.541
Points in the deuterium mines : 26.428.390
Points in the mines : 70.109.718
Plasma Technology : 17

Per hour : 4.132.310 Metal / 1.424.700 Crystal / 1.128.828 Deuterium
Per day : 99.175.440 Metal / 34.192.800 Crystal / 27.091.872 Deuterium
Per week : 694.228.080 Metal / 239.349.600 Crystal / 189.643.104 Deuterium
Back to top Go down
Mourwen

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 05 May 2011, 18:53

Fascinating. Such an advanced race, so hopelessly drawn to conflict... And here was myself, thinking that such advancement of science and consciousness would flow towards peaceful contact. I suppose not.

Breathtaking as always, Chimera, but did you really have to leave us with that particular cliffhanger? I think I need to bury my head in some ideas for the Korvathians in order to stop myself from chewing off my fingernails and fingers with them, haha.

Back to top Go down
Arexel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Thu 05 May 2011, 19:31

If u did that you'd never be able to read the rest of the story or do much of anything with no fingers lol

Back to top Go down
Mourwen

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Fri 06 May 2011, 17:22

Too true. To the notepad it is, then! Save those fingers xD

Back to top Go down
Arexel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3   Fri 06 May 2011, 18:24

Good idea now to spam the forum while mourwen isn't on hehe.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Watchers- Book 3